Low cpu usage high gpu usage

Hey! 

I would like to ask what could be the problem in my pc because ive ran out of ideas.

I recently acquired an EVGA rtx 3090 ftw3 gpu completing my build.

My cpu is the i7-10700k @5.0ghz

RAM: 2x16 g skill trident z 3600mhz cl16

I'm using a 1000W PSU

During games on 1440p my cpu usage is around 50% and gpu usage is around 80% leaving room in both. I've checked bechmarks for similar setups but im not hitting the fps seen in the benchmarks.

I've checked in games like warzone, exodus, cyberpunk, doom eternal. In every game neither my cpu or gpu is running at 100%. 

Temps are around 50-60 for cpu and 50-70 for the gpu.

I've reinstalled windows, didnt install experience then i installed it to see if it would change anything. 

If you could help me in any regards I would highly appreciate it.

Edited by holocarantus
Typos

You have a 16 thread CPU. Games don't max 16 threads, so that's expected that it's not showing 100% usage. If you check individual threads you will see at least one getting pegged at 100% if the processor is the bottleneck and that's all that matters.

As far as your GPU not capping out, that's also expected at 1440p. You're going to be CPU bound in those circumstances for most games with a card like the 3090.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

6 hours ago, KingTdiGGiTTy said:

Is your monitor High Refresh Rate and is v-sync on.

I have a 144/240hz gsync monitor yes 

increase resolution scale

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

19 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

You have a 16 thread CPU. Games don't max 16 threads, so that's expected that it's not showing 100% usage. If you check individual threads you will see at least one getting pegged at 100% if the processor is the bottleneck and that's all that matters.

As far as your GPU not capping out, that's also expected at 1440p. You're going to be CPU bound in those circumstances for most games with a card like the 3090.

I have thought of that as well and checked the usage on threads/cores and it goes to 90% top during gaming