Prodigy itx upgrade..

cnapier39428

So guys a few months ago I decided I wanted an itx build so I bought a prodigy with an i5, a r9-290, etc.

This is how it turned out

Posted Image

Posted Image

Anyway I got tired of that loud ass 290 and decided to buy a 780ti, by the time I got done ordering that night I ended up with this

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm still waiting on my cable sleeving and case lights but I started building it a Lil while ago, this is my progress

Posted Image

I'm gonna post pics when I get done in a Lil bit and then more when my cable sleeving comes in tomorrow and I get my cables sleeved and its actually finished and looking how I want it to.

What do you guys think? BTW the only thing I ended up using from my itx build was the ivy bridge i5 @ 3.9 and my hard drives lol. I also ordered my wife a corsair 230T so I can put my 290 in her am3+ gaming rig she uses because right now she is using 2 6770's in crossfire in a shitty ass thermaltake urban s21 case..

@cnapier39428, haha, you kinda went from one extreme to the other. Did you expect that you'd up doing an ATX build or was it a complete surprise to you? Because you sound as though you weren't expecting the outcome you got.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

@cnapier39428, haha, you kinda went from one extreme to the other. Did you expect that you'd up doing an ATX build or was it a complete surprise to you? Because you sound as though you weren't expecting the outcome you got.

Na I was looking at 780ti cards and didn't want another reference card...I know the nvidia cards are nowhere near as loud as the amd cards but I wanted a super quiet card so I read some reviews on some ti's and they all said the MSI gaming edition was the quietest..anyway I didn't wanna use my prodigy with a non reference card because it has horrible air flow so I looked at a few more itx cases and somehow started looking at the air 540 and decided at that point to pretty much do a whole new build lol it was straight impulse and a complete surprise to me because I just had the intention of buying a 780ti...but I'm happy with my decision because about a week after my itx build I regretted it because I couldn't crossfire but now next time I get paid I can buy another ti and the thought of that makes me happy

4ymybeta.jpg

Progress so far

Na I was looking at 780ti cards and didn't want another reference card...I know the nvidia cards are nowhere near as loud as the amd cards but I wanted a super quiet card so I read some reviews on some ti's and they all said the MSI gaming edition was the quietest..anyway I didn't wanna use my prodigy with a non reference card because it has horrible air flow so I looked at a few more itx cases and somehow started looking at the air 540 and decided at that point to pretty much do a whole new build lol it was straight impulse and a complete surprise to me because I just had the intention of buying a 780ti...but I'm happy with my decision because about a week after my itx build I regretted it because I couldn't crossfire but now next time I get paid I can buy another ti and the thought of that makes me happy

Well, you know what? Your post has just helped me decide to not go down the ITX route for my build and to stick with an ATX build. So what will you do with your BitFenix Prodigy build now? I'm quite genuinely glad that you're happy with your choice to do an ATX build.

Please post more pics when it's complete.

Well, you know what? Your post has just helped me decide to not go down the ITX route for my build and to stick with an ATX build. So what will you do with your BitFenix Prodigy build now? I'm quite genuinely glad that you're happy with your choice to do an ATX build.

Please post more pics when it's complete.

I'm buying a socket 1155 dual core celeron and a 4gb stick of ram and hooking it up to my TV in my living room for media

4ymybeta.jpg

Progress so far

What size ATX MOBO have you got there?

Just standard atx, its an asrock z77 extreme 6, I bought it cause it was the cheapest with an m-pcie so I can pull the WiFi module out of my m-itx and put in it

I'm buying a socket 1155 dual core celeron and a 4gb stick of ram and hooking it up to my TV in my living room for media

Something like this » (http://ark.intel.com/products/71073/intel-celeron-processor-g1620-2m-cache-2_70-ghz).

Just standard atx, its an asrock z77 extreme 6, I bought it cause it was the cheapest with an m-pcie so I can pull the WiFi module out of my m-itx and put in it

Ah, okay. Well I hope it all works for you.

Omg my 780ti automatically boosts to 1413mhz and stays there the whole time its under load and only runs at 68 degrees I do believe I hit the silicon lottery

Omg my 780ti automatically boosts to 1413mhz and stays there the whole time its under load and only runs at 68 degrees I do believe I hit the silicon lottery

Holy shit that's good. How are you reading the temps? And damn, did you OC manually or just GPU boost itself?

Nice rig, very nice indeed.  Liking it a lot. 

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just wanted to show y'all what it looks like completed..I'm still waiting for my sleeving to come in so I can do the rest of my wires and my red case lights aren't in yet. Sorry I was using my phone and the pictures really don't do it justice its actually a lot better looking in real life and a lot brighter on the inside at night I really don't even need the case lights those af140s light the whole inside up and it looks nive...I wish I had a camera so I could take nice pics of it

So guys a few months ago I decided I wanted an itx build so I bought a prodigy with an i5, a r9-290, etc.

This is how it turned out

Anyway I got tired of that loud ass 290 and decided to buy a 780ti, by the time I got done ordering that night I ended up with this

I'm still waiting on my cable sleeving and case lights but I started building it a Lil while ago, this is my progress

I'm gonna post pics when I get done in a Lil bit and then more when my cable sleeving comes in tomorrow and I get my cables sleeved and its actually finished and looking how I want it to.

What do you guys think? BTW the only thing I ended up using from my itx build was the ivy bridge i5 @ 3.9 and my hard drives lol. I also ordered my wife a corsair 230T so I can put my 290 in her am3+ gaming rig she uses because right now she is using 2 6770's in crossfire in a shitty ass thermaltake urban s21 case..

I enjoy how you say. I was looking to buy a new 780 ti and I ended up with this. What made you switch to ATX and not keep old build?

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

I enjoy how you say. I was looking to buy a new 780 ti and I ended up with this. What made you switch to ATX and not keep old build?

Well I had no intention on building a new rig I just wanted a more powerful card and one that didn't sound like a blow drier so I knew I didn't want a reference 780ti and I was worried that if I bought one that exhausted into the case the inside of my case would get too hot so I was looking for a better airflow itx case then I was wondering if the corsair 760t was out then I started looking at the air 540 then I got to thinking about how I regretted buying an h77 mobo because h77 doesn't support overclocking and how I regretted buying an itx form factor rig because I couldn't sli or crossfire if I wanted to and then I ended up with all of this lol

So then I decided to put my 290 in my wife's gaming rig and take her shitty 6770 crossfire cards out and buy a dual core celeron to put in my itx and put one of those 6770s in it and use it for a media center PC or buy a few hard drives and use it as a nas, I dunno yet I haven't decided

But I don't really have a need for a NAS so I'd only be doing light duty stuff on it so I may make the itx a media center PC/ light duty nas

Posted Image

So mine is finished

You'll have to forgive all these horrible photos BTW I'm using my cell phone I'll upload some from the camera when I get a chance

I mentioned some of my old parts were going in my wife's PC so here it is

Posted Image

This is her old pos urban s21..I hate this case for how cheaply its made and that there's no cable management options

Posted Image

Posted Image

this is the case I'm using to replace it a corsair 230t

http://img.tapatalk.com

/d/14/03/26/hyta4ymu.jpg

Posted Image

Replacing her old cards with my old 290

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

These pics really don't do it justice this thing is absolutely beautiful when you're actually looking at it

I will be getting a camera sometime this week and posting proper pictures