RM750 vs Bitfenix Formula Gold 750

loolou78

Hello everyone,

I am searching for a PSU, my next build will have a 5600x with an RTX 3080. I have found both the RM750 and Bitfenix Formula Gold 750 for around 105 euros here in France and I was wondering which one I should get. They are both Tier A according to the tier list (if I read it correctly).

8 minutes ago, loolou78 said:

Hello everyone,

I am searching for a PSU, my next build will have a 5600x with an RTX 3080. I have found both the RM750 and Bitfenix Formula Gold 750 for around 105 euros here in France and I was wondering which one I should get. They are both Tier A according to the tier list (if I read it correctly).

Their both a really good PSUs, but the RM750 has a 10 year warranty and the Formula Gold has only a 5 year warranty.

Can't really go wrong with both. Idle noise is a wash, the RM has semi passive mode but a bit noiser when the fans are spinning in low loads. At high loads they are about equal noise wise. Voltage regulation is about equal, but ripple on the BFG is higher, not that it matters much though. RM is fully modular while BFG is not modular. I'd prefer to have the RM but it all comes down to personal preference.