Looking to buy a PSU @<=140$

Ambrose lee

Hey guys, so I want to buy a gold PSU that's like 650W+. Currently have a 600W Bronze but is dying. 
These are few power supplies that I have shortlisted and are available out here where I live (India)
Corsair RM650 (No Japanese Capacitors)
NZXT C650
Coolermaster MWE 650w v2
Gigabyte AORUS P850W
Deepcool DQ750
Corsair TX650M
MSI MPG A750GF

Seasonic PSUs are going over the budget.
If any other options are available out here where I live and not mentioned in the list, please do recommend.

Cheers~

If the Deepcool DQ750 is actually a DQ-M and not a DQ-M-V2L nor a DQ-ST, that would my suggestion. If it's a DQ-ST, discard it out of the list as it's a lower tier platform CWT (GPS, it can scale to higher tiers, but in this model, it's pretty basic hence tier C). 

I would like to recommend the 
MSI MPG A750GF (assuming you don't have a CPU pulling more than a single EPS cableas it based off the GPU platform from CWT (as such with Enermax Revolution DF, Deepcool DQ-M, Bitfenix Whisper M) which is pretty good for the price in various markets around the world. The only gripe I have with this unit is that while it does have voltage regulation tests, efficiency tests (to spot weird things), voltage ripple measurements, and even a hot-box operation test, there is no protection testing. Protections as you know are pretty important to the function and safety of an unit. The implementation of primary and more "secondary" supervisor IC looks to be promising, but I cannot guarantee absolute certainty. However, I believe it's a good option here.

As for the other units, NZXT C is a Focus GX and doesn't play high here, TX-M & RM I like to consider in the relatively same category (quality on the RM is a little iffy in my opinion, but it sorta performs electrically like a RMx minus inline capacitors). Gigabyte and PSUs just don't go together. The AP-GM is an "okay" unit, but other than the fact it doesn't fit this category at all, I have no trust in Gigabyte PSUs after their P-GM explosion. That brings us to Cooler Master...Yeah, that unit was pretty underwhelming..

This all depends on price, so choose wisely. 

10 hours ago, ForwardVoltage said:

If the Deepcool DQ750 is actually a DQ-M and not a DQ-M-V2L nor a DQ-ST, that would my suggestion. If it's a DQ-ST, discard it out of the list as it's a lower tier platform CWT (GPS, it can scale to higher tiers, but in this model, it's pretty basic hence tier C). 

I would like to recommend the 
MSI MPG A750GF (assuming you don't have a CPU pulling more than a single EPS cableas it based off the GPU platform from CWT (as such with Enermax Revolution DF, Deepcool DQ-M, Bitfenix Whisper M) which is pretty good for the price in various markets around the world. The only gripe I have with this unit is that while it does have voltage regulation tests, efficiency tests (to spot weird things), voltage ripple measurements, and even a hot-box operation test, there is no protection testing. Protections as you know are pretty important to the function and safety of an unit. The implementation of primary and more "secondary" supervisor IC looks to be promising, but I cannot guarantee absolute certainty. However, I believe it's a good option here.

As for the other units, NZXT C is a Focus GX and doesn't play high here, TX-M & RM I like to consider in the relatively same category (quality on the RM is a little iffy in my opinion, but it sorta performs electrically like a RMx minus inline capacitors). Gigabyte and PSUs just don't go together. The AP-GM is an "okay" unit, but other than the fact it doesn't fit this category at all, I have no trust in Gigabyte PSUs after their P-GM explosion. That brings us to Cooler Master...Yeah, that unit was pretty underwhelming..

This all depends on price, so choose wisely. 

So idk if this is what you meant by just DQ-M but here is one that I found. Is this it? https://mdcomputers.in/deepcool-gamerstorm-dq650m-650watt-80-plus-gold-fully-modular-dp-gd-dq650m.html. Also what does it mean to have not more than a single EPS cable pulled by the CPU. I have a i7 4770k on a Gigabyte B85M-D3H which I will soon be changing to a Ryzen 5-7 with a supported motherboard

That looks like a DQ-M and it is a great PSU. It was tested by Aris some time ago. So, it's either the MSI or the Deepcool for me.

You will have 2 EPS connector, which is a nice bonus if your motherboard has 2 EPS inputs. It's not a necessity but it is just nice to have.

Just want to check now which should I go for -
the Deepcool DQM or the MSI MPG cause at the same price Deepcool is offering 650W and MSI is offering 750W.
Also the Deepcool offers Temperature control with its fan speeds while MSI's fan doesn't have any control.
Hmmmmmmmmmm

On 2/5/2021 at 3:19 PM, Ambrose lee said:

Just want to check now which should I go for -
the Deepcool DQM or the MSI MPG cause at the same price Deepcool is offering 650W and MSI is offering 750W.
Also the Deepcool offers Temperature control with its fan speeds while MSI's fan doesn't have any control.
Hmmmmmmmmmm

MSI one doesn ot have proper reviews to begin with. would get the eepcool one. 650w is enough for systems with rtx 3070 and enough with rtx 3080 with that particular psu

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.