RTX 2070 super VS 3060 non ti

_lucalink

Hi,

I am building a new system for 1440p gaming and am looking at getting either a 2070 super used or a rtx 3060 non ti. Are either of those good enough for 1440p gaming until rtx 40 series comes out and if so which one should I get or will they offer roughly the same level of performance based on the slides nvidia showed.

1 minute ago, _lucalink said:

Hi,

I am building a new system for 1440p gaming and am looking at getting either a 2070 super used or a rtx 3060 non ti. Are either of those good enough for 1440p gaming until rtx 40 series comes out and if so which one should I get or will they offer roughly the same level of performance based on the slides nvidia showed.

They should be similar in terms of performance, maybe the 3060 would lack behind a little in some situations but I'm not sure about that. What games do you want to play? At 1440p either cards should do decently well on high/medium on triple aaa's with rtx off, might get 80-140fps usually- But it really depends on the applications- but if you're just cranking the settings on 1440p in triple-aaa's, you'll probably be looking at around 60fps. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

6 minutes ago, _lucalink said:

Hi,

Both should do equally good in most scenarios, but it also depends on what price you buy for, if you get a good deal it might be worth it.

If you can find a 2070 Super for around or under $350, I would say buy that. It's highly likely that the 3060 will be just as if not more unavailable as the rest of the 30 series cards, so instead of MAYBE getting a 3060, and an even bigger maybe at MSRP, just get a used 2070 Super.

At 1440p, it will be fine. It depends what games you want to play and what FPS, so don't expect Cyberpunk to run at max details with max ray tracing, but for games that are a bit easier to run, it will be a great experience.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.