Building My First Ever PC

DezerDedoid
Just now, UpTheDons said:

the original/base price.

Ok can I just ask is there a hugeeee difference between 240HZ refresh and 144Hz, and if so if I was to get the 144HZ is there any point of me getting a 3080 then because my FPS is capped at 144 then is that how it work...?

1 minute ago, DezerDedoid said:

Ok can I just ask is there a hugeeee difference between 240HZ refresh and 144Hz, and if so if I was to get the 144HZ is there any point of me getting a 3080 then because my FPS is capped at 144 then is that how it work...?

Refresh rate and FPS are completely different things. Unless you lock the FPS in the game you can get however much your system will get. I have personally never noticed that much difference between 144hz and 240hz, I don't play many shooters or esports games though.

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

2 minutes ago, UpTheDons said:

Refresh rate and FPS are completely different things. Unless you lock the FPS in the game you can get however much your system will get. I have personally never noticed that much difference between 144hz and 240hz, I don't play many shooters or esports games though.

Oh wow I need to have a talk with my firends ahaha, yesterday when he explained it to me I thought that wouldnt make much sense....So how does having a better Graphics card help, sorry again must be thinking "this idiot", I totally get it lol...

3 minutes ago, DezerDedoid said:

Oh wow I need to have a talk with my firends ahaha, yesterday when he explained it to me I thought that wouldnt make much sense....So how does having a better Graphics card help, sorry again must be thinking "this idiot", I totally get it lol...

You will get better performance but eventually you will get to a point where the performance gain wont be worth the price step-up.

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

I mean well you will get better performance but eventually the performance gain wont be worth the price step-up.

Sorry what exact;y do you mean by the end part, so get the best performance from my 3080 I would need the 240HZ Moniter?

4 minutes ago, DezerDedoid said:

Sorry what exact;y do you mean by the end part, so get the best performance from my 3080 I would need the 240HZ Moniter?

No it doesn't really work like that. I just mean you can spend thousands on a RTX Quadro and end up with the same gaming performance as a 3090 as different cards are designed for different uses. A 240hz screen is just going to increase your accuracy in shooter games and such. I'm pretty sure LTT did a video on this a couple of years ago that my be worth checking out.

No it doesn't really work like that. I just mean you can spend thousands on a RTX Quadro and end up with the same gaming performance as a 3090 as different cards are designed for different uses. A 240hz screen is just going to increase your accuracy in shooter games and such. I'm pretty sure LTT did a video on this a couple of years ago that my be worth checking out.

Thanks I will go find it now

1 minute ago, DezerDedoid said:

Thanks I will go find it now

I would suggest you just do some general research on how it all works since you aren't even planning to buy until August you've got time to figure it all out 🙂.

37 minutes ago, UpTheDons said:

I would suggest you just do some general research on how it all works since you aren't even planning to buy until August you've got time to figure it all out 🙂.

I just came across another build on youtube for 1200$, it was a FE GTX 3070 and ryzen 5 3600X is this a good idea?

57 minutes ago, UpTheDons said:

I also found another one:

These are the prices he has on his video anyways...

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X $299

RAM: Cosair Vengence LPX 16GB $67

Motherboard: Asus B550-F Strix $185

Storage: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 $103

Power Supply: Cosair CV550 550W $58

Case: ASUS TUF Gaming GT301 $99

GPU: RTX 3070 $499

Good or bad or better options?

3 hours ago, DezerDedoid said:

I also found another one:

These are the prices he has on his video anyways...

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X $299

RAM: Cosair Vengence LPX 16GB $67

Motherboard: Asus B550-F Strix $185

Storage: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 $103

Power Supply: Cosair CV550 550W $58

Case: ASUS TUF Gaming GT301 $99

GPU: RTX 3070 $499

Good or bad or better options?

Its a good build. I would probably recommend a different case though.