Can a mobo kill cpu?

Discreet

My pc suddenly shutdown and when i tried to turn it on it wont have display and no keyboard. Familiar? This is the indication that you might have a faulty ram or dirty so me being know what to do i clean the ram, use only 1 ram and using different ports but nothing changed. I tried to reset the bios by removing the cmos battery, guess what it also didnt work. I also checked the psu and it is fine. The fan, led works. I lose hope that the problem might be the motherboard or sa cpu itself, until an idea came up to my mind i realized that me and my brother's pc have the same processor so i think that to know if my mobo works or the cpu, i exchanged our cpu and when i turned on my mobo with my brother's cpu it didn't work so i conclude that my mobo is bad or dead, until i turn on my brothers mobo with my cpu in it and unfortunately it still doesn't work so i went crazy thinking what is broken. I put our cpu back to where it belongs and very unfortunately we have noe the same problem. His pc wont show display. For anyone there that might have an idea can yiu please tell me if my motherboard killed our cpu.

Specs
-ryzen 3 2200g
-asus prime a320m-k
-16gb ram

Sure Sounds like it!

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

sounds like a defective cpu yeah. return the cpu if you can and try to buy another one, (maybe a 3400G or 3200G, but those are fluctuating in price unfortunately, you can try opting for pro 4000g on ebay or aliexpress if you are willing to game on an apu)

maybe buy another motheboard too if it's dead

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

Sounds like the motherboard did damage them, could be a VRM or power issue that fried the CPUs. That or you installed/removed the CPUs incorrectly and bent or broke pins. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

25 minutes ago, Discreet said:

Can a mobo kill cpu?

It absolutely can. It happens relatively rarely but if something dies in power delivery in an unfortunate way you can have "fun" things like 12v going directly to CPU or something.

Do not plug any more cpu-s into this board...