X570 aorus master bios update

Nestor95

Hello, I am currently building my pc and I ran into a problem. I just bought a new ryzen 5900x( I am trying to install right now) cpu and I had a 3900x which I sold. I didnt update the bios, as the 5900x was not released at the time and there was no support for it at the time. I have a new cpu and gpu 

The problem is that I cant make the pc post. I had everything installed and tried to boot, but there was no video signal. I tried hdmi and display port on the monitor. I have a strong feeling it has to do with the bios not being updated. I think it doesn't reconise the cpu so it won't post. I removed the cpu ram and gpu as there was a tutorial on YouTube that said the master motherboard has to be empty for it to post. 

I can rule out ram and motherboard issues i made sure both worked. I was having issues with it about a year ago and I know it isn't anything wrong with them. 

That board has BIOS Flashback capabilities. Follow the instructions in your motherboard owners manual to perform this function to update your BIOS without a compatible CPU. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

That board has BIOS Flashback capabilities. Follow the instructions in your motherboard owners manual to perform this function to update your BIOS without a compatible CPU. 

Yes I have read the user manual but I can't find where it says updating the bios without a cpu. 

This is what you need to do:

image.thumb.png.b405c90b9838ed97320d11ce2309565f.png

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

This is what you need to do:

image.thumb.png.b405c90b9838ed97320d11ce2309565f.png

Thank you I have read through that. I have a question. I know it doesn't say to disconnect cpu gpu and ram. I watched a tutorial and it said to remove all of them. I also reformatted the USB flash drive and made sure it is fat32 and it is named exactly like in the instructions. Should I reconnect ram, gpu and cpu? 

I also pressed the q flash button but the light doesn't flash or turn on or anything. 

You dont need a CPU or RAM installed, just the power. It wont hurt or change anything if you do have them plugged in I believe. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

17 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

You dont need a CPU or RAM installed, just the power. It wont hurt or change anything if you do have them plugged in I believe. 

My q flash button could be broken I followed the manuel and I've pressed the button and the qflash button does not blink. 

19 minutes ago, Nestor95 said:

My q flash button could be broken I followed the manuel and I've pressed the button and the qflash button does not blink. 

do you have the USB stick in the correct USB port? It should be in the USB port that is labelled as BIOS. 

image.png.b60fece3fb685bf4aee73d17b7acbf1f.png

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

20 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

do you have the USB stick in the correct USB port? It should be in the USB port that is labelled as BIOS. 

image.png.b60fece3fb685bf4aee73d17b7acbf1f.png

Yes I have it plugged into the white USB port. I have all other peripherals disconnected. I removed cpu, gpu and ram. I then tried to flash with qplus held it for 3 seconds, then longer, and finally pressed and released almost instantly(i didn't unplug everything so  don't know if that was the issue). 

The error code on the motherboard is 0d and A6. I looked around the web and people that have upgraded and do not happen to have the latest bios can't post there machine. The 5900x cpu seems to not be recognized. I have no way of getting a 3000 series cpu to update through the bios. 

52 minutes ago, Nestor95 said:

Yes I have it plugged into the white USB port. I have all other peripherals disconnected. I removed cpu, gpu and ram. I then tried to flash with qplus held it for 3 seconds, then longer, and finally pressed and released almost instantly(i didn't unplug everything so  don't know if that was the issue). 

The error code on the motherboard is 0d and A6. I looked around the web and people that have upgraded and do not happen to have the latest bios can't post there machine. The 5900x cpu seems to not be recognized. I have no way of getting a 3000 series cpu to update through the bios. 

I've personally never had good luck with Gigabyte/Aorus working correctly for anything, so it could be one of those quirky things. Personally they're on my do not buy/use list. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

4 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

I've personally never had good luck with Gigabyte/Aorus working correctly for anything, so it could be one of those quirky things. Personally they're on my do not buy/use list. 

I agree I got this board because I wanted 3 m.2 drives. I'm calling gigabyte tech support tomorrow and see where to go from there. I have been reading and I don't know if my qplus button is broken( the button is not illuminated or flashes when pressed or held for any duration of time) or doa since I got the motherboard. I have no idea. 

Just now, Nestor95 said:

I agree I got this board because I wanted 3 m.2 drives. I'm calling gigabyte tech support tomorrow and see where to go from there. I have been reading and I don't know if my qplus button is broken( the button is not illuminated or flashes when pressed or held for any duration of time) or doa since I got the motherboard. I have no idea. 

Just to confirm, you do have the power plugged into the motherboard and the PSU turned on correct?

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

13 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Just to confirm, you do have the power plugged into the motherboard and the PSU turned on correct?

Yes I removed only the cpu, gpu, and ram. All other cables like USB headers were plugged in. I could tell the motherboard had power as the audio center on the in the bottom left corner lights up for an instant. I then tried to use qflash plus and it didn't work. 

I then made sure the ram, gpu, and cpu where installed correctly and there were no like loose fittings or installed improperly.

I would like to leave closure for people who might be looking. I was tired, from spending all day trying to solve the issue and didn't notice that I had downloaded the bios for another motherboard. Once I had downloaded the right bios it was able to flash with qflash plus. I was then able to go into the bios and update to the latest bios. 

Please double check the little steps to save major headaches.