Windows reinstall question

Electric_Spark

So I have been having lots of blue screens in the past day, and I think a fresh install of window is the best option. I’m going to follow this video to make sure my files and everything is saved. Now I’m worried that if my pc blue screens during the update, something bad could happen. Is that even possible if I’m in safe mode? And is this method the best way?

1 minute ago, Tillamook233 said:

It is uncommon. A feature in Windows 10 allows you to reset your PC. Either by downloading a new copy of windows and reinstalling it or repairing itself. I assume you are looking for reinstalling. You have two options. You can either keep or delete your data. I would advise putting your stuff elsewhere in case you do need to boot from a windows USB and reinstall that way.

So I’m trying to reinstall windows. Using a windows boot USB, there is an option to keep files, settings, and apps (as shown in the video). I didn’t plan to export my data to another drive. Does that make sense?

Just now, Tillamook233 said:

If you have another USB lying around, use another system to create a live version of Ubuntu to export your files that way. https://ubuntu.com/download/desktop. You can navigate to your files by going to C:/Users/{username} and copying them over through that. I have had to do that once a I was using a insider windows build. You can't do this if your drive is bitlocker encrypted. 

Yeah that is not possible. So would you recommend exporting the files in some way to be safe?

Just making a post to here so people see this topic again, still unsure of what to do...