New pc won't boot

DeeMoo311

Hi,

I'm building my first pc. Before putting everything into the case, I wanted to test run and atleast boot to bios and see if everything is ok. The problem is that, when I short out the pins to turn on the pc, it turns on, fans starts spjning and immediately everything turns of. I tried reseating connector, reseat RAM but no luck. These are the specs.:

Ryzen 5 3600

Asrock b450m-pro4

Asus gtx 1660 super

Anu suggestions?

try one stick of ram and then they other individually. as a first step

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

see if the ram sticks are compatible with this cpu, or try taking the cooler off and putting it back on

I tried reseating RAM but it's still the same. I check, the RAM are compatable with the mother board.

Something like this happened to me when something wasn't good with my ram, I removed one stick, nothing changed, put the other one in, and it booted to bios, some time later I decided to put the other stick in too, and it then suddenly worked

If it completely shuts down power after your hit short the pins it sounds like a power issue, short somewhere.

Make sure your mb is placed on the box it came in with instead of on the desk or something and that there's nothing under it like screws or something.

If that's all proper placed and it still does this then try a different PSU.

Let us know

''Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.''
''For every idiot proof system devised, a new, improved idiot will arise to overcome it.''

Today is life-the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today.

see if the RAM is compatible with the CPU not the mb. What ram do you have?

I do not have another PSU so I cannot test with the different one. The mb is already placed on the top tof the box. Though what I noticed, that PSU fan doesnt even manage to get a full lap before the system shut down. 

The RAM that im using is patriot viper 8gb 3200mhz. I have 2 of them

Just tried - nothing. Also check if the cpu is ok and it is. Maybe the PSU is dead?

It only turns on for a spit second. I putted on the power switch from the case and now it turns on and off rapidly

what cpu cooler do you have? aftermarket? if yes see if there is enough mount pressure

I have a stock cooler. I think it has enough mount pressure. Atleast the screws wont go any further

1 minute ago, DeeMoo311 said:

I have a stock cooler. I think it has enough mount pressure. Atleast the screws wont go any further

Are you able to upload a picture of your motherboard? Showing the 8 pin, and 24 pin connectors, the GPU connection and any others you can manage to get in the same picture?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

try putting the ram stick in the 1st slot from the right, don't you have any other psu laying around, just to try if it would turn on?

10 minutes ago, DeeMoo311 said:

Without the GPU plugged into the PCIE slot, does it still turn it's self off?

Also, if you quote us with the arrow in the bottom left of a post, we'll get notifications that you replied.

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, Voluspa said:

Without the GPU plugged into the PCIE slot, does it still turn it's self off?

Also, if you quote us with the arrow in the bottom left of a post, we'll get notifications that you replied.

It reacts the same with or without. It still turns on and off rapidly

1 minute ago, DeeMoo311 said:

It reacts the same with or without. It still turns on and off rapidly

Can I see the connector you've got into the 8 pin CPU power? Like this if possible

Spoiler

cp-8920115_eps_12v_cpu_conn.png

Where your CPU fan plugs in, there's two headers. Are you plugged into the top or bottom of those ports?

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

try remounting the cpu cooler, if you have thermal paste, i had a similar problem, and it was a bad mount, so try that