Coem or normal iso?

DisplayPort for life

I have 2 copies of windows 7 i am about to put on an underperforming old laptop. I have found there is a normal iso and a 'coem/oem iso'. I will attach a picture below. Can someone please explain which is which and recommend which on to use?

thanks.1126154732_DesktopScreenshot2021_02.01-09_56_28.13(2).png.93b27195ac1dc5f88cc11018d64daa2a.png

Depends on what type of key you have. From a usability PoV they're identical, the difference is OEM keys come on prebuilt laptops & desktops (Dell, HP etc etc) while retail keys are bought from a retail store in a proper box.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

22 hours ago, DisplayPort for life said:

thank you,

i have a laptop with an oem key, so i think i should use the coem iso.

With Win7 the key will work in any version as long as it Home Premium/Pro/Ultimate and correct language. You could use either of ISOs, the key doesn't care. The main difference is that the OEM ISO might have some drivers and tools installed along the main installer. And if your key is OEM/COEM, you couldn't download the ISO from Microsoft, the site would have directed you to using manufaturers own site and tools.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv