Friends PC windows is not activated

Kanna
Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,

He has to go into the activation settings and click on the troubleshoot button. When it asks what the problem is, just say "i recently changed my hardware". Then it should reactivate windows.

My friends new PC has windows 10 pro and in settings it says it’s not activated while there is no watermark, he signed into his ms account with a code linked to it what could be the problem?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

He has to go into the activation settings and click on the troubleshoot button. When it asks what the problem is, just say "i recently changed my hardware". Then it should reactivate windows.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

This is most likely the fix I will mark as solved if it isn’t I will contact again, could it also be related to him having home before?

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Just now, Kanna said:

This is most likely the fix I will mark as solved if it isn’t I will contact again, could it also be related to him having home before?

Yes, you can NOT activate "Pro" with a "Home" key.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

You have actually saved me, thank you so much, I didn't even know you could do this but I now have a reactivated copy of windows after a brand new build using the same Windows install as my old PC, thank you!!!

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

Yes, you can NOT activate "Pro" with a "Home" key.

Ohh I thought you could lol since people say just install pro. Is it possible to downgrade to home without reinstalling the whole thing?

Reminder⚠️

2 hours ago, Kanna said:

Ohh I thought you could lol since people say just install pro. Is it possible to downgrade to home without reinstalling the whole thing?

Afaik it's not possible to change the version without reinstalling.