Reinstalling MacOS

Hello people.

So i'm not experienced with Mac's, but my sisters boyfriend managed to delete everything on his drive and now is asking me to try and help him re install MacOS on his Mac,

anyone with experience who know's how this process goes and if it works kind of like windows installations where you just make a bootable usb and shove it in the port and wait, (over simplified)

anything specific i should remember and be cautious about 

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

2 hours ago, flashiling said:

Hello people.

So i'm not experienced with Mac's, but my sisters boyfriend managed to delete everything on his drive and now is asking me to try and help him re install MacOS on his Mac,

anyone with experience who know's how this process goes and if it works kind of like windows installations where you just make a bootable usb and shove it in the port and wait, (over simplified)

anything specific i should remember and be cautious about 

Hold CMD, Option and R together and turn the computer on. Let go when you see a spinning globe and the text "Starting internet recovery". It may ask you for a wifi network. If so, you can let go of the key combination and sign in. This will boot your mac into a recovery mode downloaded from the internet, and allow you to access recovery and reinstallation options.

"Many computer users often find themselves the victim of 105mm armor piercing discarding sabot fin stabilized rounds shot at their computer"

*although i try my best, don't expect me to be right 100% of the time.

3 minutes ago, Tech101yt said:

Hold CMD, Option and R together and turn the computer on. Let go when you see a spinning globe and the text "Starting internet recovery". It may ask you for a wifi network. If so, you can let go of the key combination and sign in. This will boot your mac into a recovery mode downloaded from the internet, and allow you to access recovery and reinstallation options.

ty,

so i'm assuming that a bootable usb isn't necessary

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

8 minutes ago, flashiling said:

ty,

so i'm assuming that a bootable usb isn't necessary

No, if internet recovery works you dont need a bootable usb.

"Many computer users often find themselves the victim of 105mm armor piercing discarding sabot fin stabilized rounds shot at their computer"

*although i try my best, don't expect me to be right 100% of the time.

-> Moved to Linux, macOS and Everything Not-Windows

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv