Flash bios issue...

PePew

Hey guys, so i got a msi mag x570 motherboard and a ryzen 7 5800x, well i was kinda trying to upgrade my bios to detect the 5800x cpu, well i was bios flashing the update and like my mobo was on v10 and it needed like 4 updates....wel for the v11 and v12 it was all good, but when i was bios flashing for v13 which is for zen3 (5000 series) update...my bios led is stuck with light on .... so any idea what should i do to update it and get rid of the stuck bios flash led....

Please help....

20 minutes ago, PePew said:

idea what should i do to update it and get rid of the stuck bios flash led....

After leaving it for a reasonably long time you will unfortunately have to shut it down and try to update the bios again. Your board has a bios flash button right? If so this isn’t a major concern, just make sure that you have the USB with the bios to update setup correctly and try again. It’s always a good idea to have the computer running off a UPS if possible when updating the bios. As a side note, unless otherwise noted you don’t normally have to flash each version in sequence, just the most recent one 

3 minutes ago, Arrogath said:

After leaving it for a reasonably long time you will unfortunately have to shut it down and try to update the bios again. Your board has a bios flash button right? If so this isn’t a major concern, just make sure that you have the USB with the bios to update setup correctly and try again. It’s always a good idea to have the computer running off a UPS if possible when updating the bios. As a side note, unless otherwise noted you don’t normally have to flash each version in sequence, just the most recent one 

Ya it does have a bios flash button, and as u said i restarted with the latest bios on my pendrive and flashed it, well it blink this time and also got off after good solid 5 to 6 mins, but the thing is still the cpu led debug is on amd computer isnt posting....so should i flash it again ?

7 minutes ago, PePew said:

Ya it does have a bios flash button, and as u said i restarted with the latest bios on my pendrive and flashed it, well it blink this time and also got off after good solid 5 to 6 mins, but the thing is still the cpu led debug is on amd computer isnt posting....so should i flash it again ?

I would check your power connections first, make sure the cpu 8 pin is properly connected to the board. Power cycle the board a few times to see if you can get it to post. Could double check you didn’t bend any pins will seating the processor but I’m going to be optimistic and say that wasn’t the issue.

edit: but yes, re-flashing is worth a try if you have no luck 

Unless specifically instructed not to (it will be specified on the BIOS download page) there's no reason to go 10, 11, 12 ,14, you can go straight from current to newest. Generally speaking, later versions of BIOS updates contain all the fixes from older versions.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, Arrogath said:

I would check your power connections first, make sure the cpu 8 pin is properly connected to the board. Power cycle the board a few times to see if you can get it to post. Could double check you didn’t bend any pins will seating the processor but I’m going to be optimistic and say that wasn’t the issue.

edit: but yes, re-flashing is worth a try if you have no luck 

Welll to my luck i could get in the bios with the cpu detected.....now there is another problem, the debug light now shows on the boot, i mean the cpu debug went off, but now the debug light is on my boot...please help 

5 hours ago, PePew said:

now the debug light is on my boot

but does it post... or was that a one time thing? Try tearing down to basics for boot up and add parts one at a time till you see what's causing the issue. Once again re-flashing is an option plus maybe you should try all the bios variants that support your cpu, one may work for you the newest one of the page may be in beta without proper labelling