Pin connector question?

MEEEE

Hi, I am planning to build a pc and I'm looking for parts. For the PSU I was looking at the Seasonic Focus GX650 80 plus gold. It has 5 8pin ports for the CPU/PCI. The graphics card I was looking at needs a 6-pin and 8-pin connector and my motherboard needs a 4-pin and an 8pin connector. My question is if it would still work. Meaning can I just plug in my 6pin connector into the 8pin port on the mobo and would there be a specific way I need to do it. Also I same the same question for the 4pin cpu connector. Any information helps

Thanks

The connectors that power the CPU are different than the connectors that power video cards.

On the power supply case, they use the same 8 pin headers but they're proprietary, they're neither cpu or pci-e format, they're keyed in a specific way.  On the other end of the cables you plug in these 8 pin headers, there's either 4 pin or 8 pin CPU connectors, or there's   6+2  or 8 pin pci-e connectors.

You have 4 pin CPU  and 8 pin CPU (also called EPS) - you typically only need the 8 pin EPS connector plugged in a motherboard, if the motherboard has an extra 4 pin or a second 8 pin header, that's optional, only really required if you're gonna use a 10-16 core processor *and* overclock such cpu.

The connectors that go in video card are  8 pin pci-e or6+2 pci-e  - basically a 8 pin pci-e connector that cab be split in 2 segments, so you can plug the segment with 6 pins in a 6 pin header on the video card.

The cables that come with the psu will usually have   2 pci-e 6+2 connectors on one end.

You should be fine. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Thank You!

Also I want to get custom PSU cables so that is why I'm asking. One more thing. I am looking at the EVGA 2060 super which has an 8pin and a 6pin connector. so should I just use like 2 6+2pin connectors and have the 2 I'm not using dangling on the side? and again thank you so much.