Multiple cpu and gpu frame time spikes

Hello guys 

I have been having these weird frame time spikes in all games. As you can see, cpu and gpu spike at almost the same time.

Cpu : 5900x 

Gpu :3080 (stock) 

Ram : 32gb 3600cl16

Psu: 850W 

No background processes are active plus intelligent stand by list cleaner is active. Gpu drivers are up to date. First image is with xmp @ 1.4V, curve optimizer at - 25, and gpu in pcie 4. Second is no xmp, no curve and gpu in pcie 3.not much changes. 

There were WHEA LOGGER errors but increasing the ram voltage got rid of them. There is nothing in event viewer that correlates to these spikes. Same happens in warzone and blackops. 

Please help 

Spikes.png

Spike_noxmp_pci3.png

Do you have overheating issues? If components overheat, they may drop their performance so that they do not overheat. Try checking the temperature of both the CPU and GPU while your PC is on idle and while gaming.

Temps are fine with max being 78C on the Gpu and 65 on the cpu

7 minutes ago, John Clark 1 said:

Temps are fine with max being 78C on the Gpu and 65 on the cpu

What settings do you play on games? If you play on maxed out settings, try disabling a few of the settings or lowing them and see if there is an FPS increase.

I have had the same issues as you before on games like COD MW, Valorant and Apex Legends. Lowing the settings works good for me, there are still some FPS spikes for me, but they are either subtle or they don't happen as often.

Imo a 3080 should be able to run the games in ultra for 1440p.

Its not temps or anything,
But random cpu spikes to 100%. I tried clean boot, I tried stopping all background services but no luck.

Game engines aren't perfect

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

3 hours ago, John Clark 1 said:

Imo a 3080 should be able to run the games in ultra for 1440p.

Its not temps or anything,
But random cpu spikes to 100%. I tried clean boot, I tried stopping all background services but no luck.

Yeah it should since it is the top spec RTX 3000 card (NVIDIA doesn't count  RTX 3090 as top spec since its more like the TITAN RTX sort of card).

20 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

Game engines aren't perfect

Agree but getting random spikes from 240+ to 10 isn't normal. Plus WHEA-LOGGERissues are back