Brains need picking, advice and guidance wanted

milamber1971
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,

Ok so some adjustments:

16gb is plenty don't worry about it.

Ssds are very expensive and not better for your tasks than that wd blue drive you currently have. Sure you can say but in the future. Yeah but that will take another 3 years or so due to the old consoles sticking around. So just get a decent drive but not spend all your money there.

Cooler wise the noctua will fit. Alternative that are just as good are (with a 1-3c difference at most): dark rock pro 4, sycthe ninja 5 and sytche fuma 2.

Case I do hope it's the good mesh one?

What psu are you going to use?

The g7 sucks due to massive quality differences. You can get a good display or like many get a mediocre big light bleed not nice screen. Also 240hz ain't great cuz most games can't run at that and the difference between 144hz and 240hz is so so small you won't notice. So may wanna just get a nice 27inch screen.

Budget (including currency): £2000 or so 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Overwatch, Hearthstone, Diablo 3, Dead by Daylight, Cyberpunk 2077 and other possible games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Okay my current pc is as follows:-

I5-8600

16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz

WD blue 3d 250gb ssd

2tb seawater firecuda

MSI GeForce gtx 1070 gaming x

Hyper 212 evo cpu cooler

Corsair Carbide 400c

RM 750x

3 x LL120 fans & lightning node pro

Benq zowie xl2730

Corsair Strafe RGB mechanical keyboard 

Corsair M65 pro RGB mouse

Now the thought i have in mind for purchases for a new build this year is as follows,  and this is where I need some advice on, I do have a preference for intel builds

i7-10700k

32Gb corsair vengeance rgb pro 3600mhz

1 x Samsung 980 pro 500gb nvme ssd

1x Samsung 980 pro 1tb nvme ssd

1 x seawater barracuda 7200rpm had

Msi rtx 3080 gaming x trio

Hyper 212 evo cpu cooler or if it fits a noctua nh-d15

Corsair iCUE 4000x

RM 1000x

3 x LL120 fans from previous build

Samsung Odyssey G7 LC32G75TQSUXEN

Corsair Strafe RGB mechanical keyboard 

Corsair M65 pro RGB mouse

The question id like to know is if the noctua nh-d15 will fit in the case and not interfere with anything else, I'd rather go for a top of the range air cooler than water cooling,  just personal preference 

Can anyone give me advice/ideas/alternatives if the noctua nh-d15 won't fit, and also advice/ideas on possible build

Ok so some adjustments:

Ssds are very expensive and not better for your tasks than that wd blue drive you currently have. Sure you can say but in the future. Yeah but that will take another 3 years or so due to the old consoles sticking around. So just get a decent drive but not spend all your money there.

Cooler wise the noctua will fit. Alternative that are just as good are (with a 1-3c difference at most): dark rock pro 4, sycthe ninja 5 and sytche fuma 2.

The g7 sucks due to massive quality differences. You can get a good display or like many get a mediocre big light bleed not nice screen. Also 240hz ain't great cuz most games can't run at that and the difference between 144hz and 240hz is so so small you won't notice. So may wanna just get a nice 27inch screen.

Corsair RMx 1000w PSU, also forgot to put the motherboard MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Carbon WIFI 

5 minutes ago, milamber1971 said:

Corsair RMx 1000w PSU, also forgot to put the motherboard MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Carbon WIFI 

Quote people so they see your replies. Those parts are good so sure why not. Also don't buy now because no stock, high prices,... the usual. So when you wanna buy just post again. Also why not just upgrade your current pc? The 9900k is going for dirtcheap rn which would be a sweet deal and it's barely behind a 10700k.

Sorry about that Jaslion, this current pc is going to be a surprise of sorts for a friend of mine to be adapted for special needs , and this build will be over this year so prices should drop

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 10:58 PM, jaslion said:

Ok so some adjustments:

Sorry for not quoting you earlier Jaslion, it took me a while to figure out how as i originally posted my message on a tablet, not the easiest thing to try and do that on, at the moment the idea for a complete system seems to change with my day to day if that makes sense, ie different ideas for SSD's, cooling options, monitor thoughts, its hard work, lol

1 hour ago, milamber1971 said:

Sorry for not quoting you earlier Jaslion, it took me a while to figure out how as i originally posted my message on a tablet, not the easiest thing to try and do that on, at the moment the idea for a complete system seems to change with my day to day if that makes sense, ie different ideas for SSD's, cooling options, monitor thoughts, its hard work, lol

I mean if you wanna budget upgrade that gets you to 98% of where the new system gets you just get a 9900(k) cooler, psu and gpu.

9 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I mean if you wanna budget upgrade that gets you to 98% of where the new system gets you just get a 9900(k) cooler, psu and gpu.

i would be looking to get a completely new system as my old system would be going to someone so it can be adapted for special needs, so i wouldnt be keeping anything from my old pc, other than my corsair strafe mk2 keyboard, my corsair m65 pro rgb and my hyper x cloud 2 headphones, there is definite flexibility regarding components especially if different ideas are put my way

1 minute ago, milamber1971 said:

i would be looking to get a completely new system as my old system would be going to someone so it can be adapted for special needs, so i wouldnt be keeping anything from my old pc, other than my corsair strafe mk2 keyboard, my corsair m65 pro rgb and my hyper x cloud 2 headphones

I'd make a new post then as things have changed a fair bit again.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I'd make a new post then as things have changed a fair bit again.

good thinking, i might well do Jaslion 🙂