Building a Minecraft server for a large community, will these do for PC specs?

How many people would realistically be able to play at the same time on a Vanilla-Java-Minecraft-server runnig 24/7 on a dedicated computer with these specs:

Intel core i3-10320, quad 3,8Ghz - 4,6Ghz 

32GB 3000Mhz RAM

250GB NVMe SSD

1 Gbps wired internet.

Should it run windows or linux.

I am overwhelmed by the information regarding this topic, so I thounght I'd ask here if anyone has expeirence or better knowledge.

Edit: 
at least 50 players has been suggested, any other visions?

I run Minecraft Server on an i5-8300H and an 1TB SSHD, 8 Gigs of ram, its fine! But you might need an high speed internet so the players on the server won't lag out and you must make your internet to port forward. Windows should be a great idea. Minecraft server Performance i heard it depends on single core performance.

Correct me if i say wrong

8 minutes ago, ItzMadMan said:

I run Minecraft Server on an i5-8300H and an 1TB SSHD, 8 Gigs of ram, its fine! But you might need an high speed internet so the players on the server won't lag out and you must make your internet to port forward. Windows should be a great idea. Minecraft server Performance i heard it depends on single core performance.

Correct me if i say wrong

How many people can play at the same time without lag? Would a 1Gbps wired internet do?

1 minute ago, Squid98 said:

How many people can play at the same time without lag? Would a 1Gbps wired internet do?

1Gbps will do, maybe 50 people can play at the server at the same time without lag on a 16GB Server.