Help plzz!

assassinnatetion

Hello, I'm trying to just play games like Valorant but the game seems to lag a lot every few seconds. I have an MSI GS65 Stealth 9SD laptop with a GTX 1660Ti, I just need help figuring out if its my laptop's issue or my internet's, then I can hopefully improve one of them.

You can disable post processing and see if that helps.

What are your temperatures? If you don't know this we should find them, but is your laptop hot to the touch?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 minutes ago, assassinnatetion said:

I just need help figuring out if its my laptop's issue or my internet's

it depends on the type of lag. internet connection lag and poor PC performance lag don't look anything like each other, so you should be able to tell really easily.

are you losing FPS or are you rubber banding? what type of lag is it?

also, please change your topic title to something like "poor performance on gaming laptop" so that it's much more descriptive of your problem.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

You can disable post processing and see if that helps.

alright, sorry but how do I do that

Just now, assassinnatetion said:

alright, sorry but how do I do that

In the game's video settings. 

You can lower shadow detail also, that will eat up VGA memory when set to high. 

17 minutes ago, assassinnatetion said:

Hello, I'm trying to just play games like Valorant but the game seems to lag a lot every few seconds. I have an MSI GS65 Stealth 9SD laptop with a GTX 1660Ti, I just need help figuring out if its my laptop's issue or my internet's, then I can hopefully improve one of them.

Lower all graphics settings and connect via ethernet to the internet not wifi