Guidance on Possible 4K High Refresh Rate KVM Setup

dwebber23

I currently have a comfortable gaming setup at home with 3 * 4k @ 60Hz monitors (LG 27UD88-W). Recently however, my company is no longer allowing us to work on any personal device, so they sent me a pretty nice desktop with 3 * mDP 1.4 connections on it (Nvidia Quadro P400). I only have the one desk and setup area, so both desktops are here and have to utilize the same monitors, but I'm having just a hell of a time finding what I think will work for me to make this a clean and simple setup. I was hoping to get some feedback from others that may have something similar, or just have a better head on their shoulders than myself.

In my searching, I did find the below KVM which *sounds* like it just almost checks all the right buttons for me:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089NNJ6DP/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

If I could get all 3 monitors going 4k @ 60Hz for both computers, and could simply switch between them with a button press, that would be amazing, but there are also peripherals that I have at play (ie. speakers, and a Logitech BRIO webcam which needs USB 3.0 instead of the provided 2.0) that I would want to switch at the same time. The other hassle is that I would have to do some conversions/adapting. My current video card (ASUS ROG Strix 1080ti) only has 2 DisplayPorts, and I would have to convert one of the HDMI from it. Also, it seems that one of my monitors has a dead DisplayPort (it seems to recognize when something is plugged in, but no picture ever comes up), so I'd have to convert that over to HDMI. I have also thought about just getting multiple dedicated KVMs for each portion at play here, but that would just be a clutter, and I'm never going to have a situation where I only want to switch part of the systems over. It's only ever going to be "use the work computer" or "use the home desktop", so 1 button to just switch everything is ideal.

The other thing that throws a wrench into this is my future upgrade plans. Granted, these plans seem like they won't come to fruition for another few years based on stock availability, but still. I'm wanting to replace my current monitors with the LG 27GN950 in order to upgrade to 4k @ 120Hz HDR10 (I know the monitor can do 144Hz, but I heard you have to sacrifice color down to 4:2:2, instead of full 4:4:4 when at 120Hz). I also wanted to replace my graphics card with a 30-series that had a full 3 DisplayPort 1.4. This would be great because I'd have 3 DisplayPort sources on both ends so I can just get the same cables for all, but then the KVM up above becomes a limiting factor.

Any suggestions or guidance that anybody could provide to me on this? Perhaps they know of a super secret magical KVM that makes all my wildest dreams come true? Or you can set me straight on how I'm looking at this completely wrong and can accomplish my goals in another manner? Sorry about the long post too, just figured providing some of the deeper details make it easier to see where I'm coming from

While I am not gaming at 4k 60hz, I recently purchased a Single Monitor DP 1.4 KVM from Level 1 Techs. They do also sell a dual monitor version, but unfortunately I'm not seeing a triple display version. My single monitor version lets me run my Pixio PX347c Prime monitor at 3440x1440 100hz on my gaming desktop, and then 3440x1440 60hz on my laptop from work (unfortunately, finding a DP 1.4 to mDP is hard. The DP1.2 standard in my adapter caps the display for laptop to 60hz). 

May not be the perfect solution for the triple monitor configuration, but might be products to keep in mind.