Laptop fan replacement

da na

Laptop fan rattles/buzzes around 30-40% speed, not at lower speed and strangely not at higher speeds. I have a very uncommon model of laptop, can't even find references to it online.

(Model is ASUS r510i, it's from late 2017, that and the specs are all I know.)

How should I get a fan replacement? Should I just take it to the computer store down the road and hope they can fix it? It needs a clean and a repaste anyway.

26 minutes ago, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

Laptop fan rattles/buzzes around 30-40% speed, not at lower speed and strangely not at higher speeds. I have a very uncommon model of laptop, can't even find references to it online.

(Model is ASUS r510i, it's from late 2017, that and the specs are all I know.)

How should I get a fan replacement? Should I just take it to the computer store down the road and hope they can fix it? It needs a clean and a repaste anyway.

Just clean it and see if that helps

6 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

Just clean it and see if that helps

OK, I will. (for clarity the laptop has never been dropped or hit to my knowledge, however, my family sometimes borows it. It started happening right after my mom borrowed it, so i don't know what happened - I'll ask her if it fell or anything.)

What I do to weird kind or unique fans that I can not find a replacement is clean them very very well and if they still don't work well I lube the bearings and that seems to work for 90% of the time. You have to be careful to not over do it with and it drips on the motherboard.

No harm asking the shop how much they would take for doing it. You can try to search with thats laptops model and see if there are spares on sale. After that changing cooler yourself isn't that hard to do.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

57 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

No harm asking the shop how much they would take for doing it. You can try to search with thats laptops model and see if there are spares on sale. After that changing cooler yourself isn't that hard to do.

OK, I will try that.