Are these components alright? Building my first ever PC and very nervous of compatibility issues.

BilalH

Budget (including currency): PKR 130,000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: CS:GO, Rainbow 6, Star Wars Battlefront II and a few other less-demanding games

Let's get the components that I've selected out of the way first.

CPU: Intel Core i3 10100

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper H-410R
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 1650 Super

Motherboard: MSI B460 Mortar WiFi

Memory: Corsair LPX (2x 8GB)
Storage: Crucial 480GB SSD
PSU: Corsair CV 550 80+ Bronze

I've already bought the case so I can just look at it for now. It's the Gigabyte C200 Glass. Do disregard the budget for now as I'm mainly concerned with whether all of this goes together successfully and without any issues. As I've mentioned in the title, this is going to be my first ever build and only my second PC (the first one was a pre-built Pentium 4 back in 2007). I mostly play CS:GO and some of the games I've mentioned above. This particular build is somewhat because of my limited budget and because I don't need a power house right now. I will be upgrading it in the coming months (such as more storage, better processor etc) and years but according to my research, this should suffice for now but I still wanted to run it by the professionals here 🙂

And as for cooling, there's a fan already attached to the back of the case and with the CPU cooler I'm planning to add, do I need to add more fans anywhere in the case? I'm actually even open to using the stock cooler of the i3 if that's good enough, so it that a good idea?

Cheers!

1 minute ago, BilalH said:

Budget (including currency): PKR 130,000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: CS:GO, Rainbow 6, Star Wars Battlefront II and a few other less-demanding games

Let's get the components that I've selected out of the way first.

CPU: Intel Core i3 10100

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper H-410R
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 1650 Super

Motherboard: MSI B460 Mortar WiFi

Memory: Corsair LPX (2x 8GB)
Storage: Crucial 480GB SSD
PSU: Corsair CV 550 80+ Bronze

I've already bought the case so I can just look at it for now. It's the Gigabyte C200 Glass. Do disregard the budget for now as I'm mainly concerned with whether all of this goes together successfully and without any issues. As I've mentioned in the title, this is going to be my first ever build and only my second PC (the first one was a pre-built Pentium 4 back in 2007). I mostly play CS:GO and some of the games I've mentioned above. This particular build is somewhat because of my limited budget and because I don't need a power house right now. I will be upgrading it in the coming months (such as more storage, better processor etc) and years but according to my research, this should suffice for now but I still wanted to run it by the professionals here 🙂

And as for cooling, there's a fan already attached to the back of the case and with the CPU cooler I'm planning to add, do I need to add more fans anywhere in the case? I'm actually even open to using the stock cooler of the i3 if that's good enough, so it that a good idea?

Cheers!

Looks fine, just note that the CV is a bad PSU. A Corsair CX would be much better (make sure it’s not the green label)

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

If you can return the case. It has basically no airflow and will cause temperature issues even with a lower end system like this.

If you are upgrading in months then why not just wait anyways? Makes little sense to waste money this way.

Either way couple things. What crucial ssd is that?

The psu is pretty crud so a better quality unit would be advised.

Mainly the case will be an issue as there is barely any ventilation on the front and the little it has on the side is very obstructed.

47 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Looks fine, just note that the CV is a bad PSU. A Corsair CX would be much better (make sure it’s not the green label)

I'll try looking for the CX then. By the way here's the list from which I selected the CV, but I'm assuming the rest are going to be bad as well?

IMG_20210121_190529.jpg

50 minutes ago, jaslion said:

If you can return the case. It has basically no airflow and will cause temperature issues even with a lower end system like this.

If you are upgrading in months then why not just wait anyways? Makes little sense to waste money this way.

Either way couple things. What crucial ssd is that?

The psu is pretty crud so a better quality unit would be advised.

Mainly the case will be an issue as there is barely any ventilation on the front and the little it has on the side is very obstructed.

Ah yes, I've read about some airflow issues. I'll look into exchanging it with another one but I'm also willing to do a bit of DIY that does help with the intake from the front. Also, there's mount for fans on the top, would that be sufficient if I just install two fans there? Usually I've seen fans up front but are fans on the top normal too?

Realistically, I won't be upgrading for a year at least actually.

I'll have to double check but I believe it's the Crucial BX500.

5 minutes ago, BilalH said:

I'll try looking for the CX then. By the way here's the list from which I selected the CV, but I'm assuming the rest are going to be bad as well?

IMG_20210121_190529.jpg

I see no good psu's here. Only terrible to bad ones.

Just now, BilalH said:

Ah yes, I've read about some airflow issues. I'll look into exchanging it with another one but I'm also willing to do a bit of DIY that does help with the intake from the front. Also, there's mount for fans on the top, would that be sufficient if I just install two fans there? Usually I've seen fans up front but are fans on the top normal too?

Realistically, I won't be upgrading for a year at least actually.

I'll have to double check but I believe it's the Crucial BX500.

A bx500 is a dramless ssd which will impact performance of the drive a fair bit get a mx500 if possible or a wd blue barely more but a lot better.

Case don't diy just  return. Fans at the top don't help when there is no way for air to get in the case from the front. Most you'll do is create a very weird airflow thing where air gets sucked in from everywhere and create hotpockets in the case where air is just sitting still. So change the case for a front mesh one.

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

A bx500 is a dramless ssd which will impact performance of the drive a fair bit get a mx500 if possible or a wd blue barely more but a lot better.

Case don't diy just  return. Fans at the top don't help when there is no way for air to get in the case from the front. Most you'll do is create a very weird airflow thing where air gets sucked in from everywhere and create hotpockets in the case where air is just sitting still. So change the case for a front mesh one.

I do have the option for the WD Blue, I'll check that.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, jaslion said:

Pinging you again, I've read on multiple places that the CV650 is better than the CV550 and some other cheap PSUs, it's also a tier above the rest in that PSU rating list. I don't know what technically makes PSUs good or bad, but would this really be a better option if I have to choose between these two?

1 hour ago, BilalH said:

Pinging you again, I've read on multiple places that the CV650 is better than the CV550 and some other cheap PSUs, it's also a tier above the rest in that PSU rating list. I don't know what technically makes PSUs good or bad, but would this really be a better option if I have to choose between these two?

Yes. The cv650 is produced by a different company. It's still bad but better. Still it's choosing between terrible and bad. If you can find something else. Otherwise when upgrading you'll have to replace it anyways.