Switched cases, PSU dead but also GPU doesn't work.

I recently swapped cases from a Corsair Carbide 275r to the NZXT H1. The only thing i bought new was an itx motherboard. I was stress-testing the GPU when the monitor went black and my pc turned off. Now, as soon as I power up the pc, the fans start spinning for 1 second then immediately turn off, and then the PSU won't turn back on until I unplug it from the wall and plug it back in. I tried reseeding everything but it still wouldn't work, and I tried to see if the PSU would turn on if I short pins 4 & 5 on the PSU, but it still wouldn't work. But when I tested the other parts to see if they still work, my GPU doesn't give a display whenever I install it into another computer. Does anybody know if there's a way to fix this or is it dead?

Specs: 

CPU: 3600x

Mobo: MSI b450i gaming ac

GPU: EVGA iCX GTX 1080Ti

PSU: Included NZXT(made by Seasonic) 650w 80+ Gold

1 minute ago, yoyo299 said:

I recently swapped cases from a Corsair Carbide 275r to the NZXT H1. The only thing i bought new was an itx motherboard. I was stress-testing the GPU when the monitor went black and my pc turned off. Now, as soon as I power up the pc, the fans start spinning for 1 second then immediately turn off, and then the PSU won't turn back on until I unplug it from the wall and plug it back in. I tried reseeding everything but it still wouldn't work, and I tried to see if the PSU would turn on if I short pins 4 & 5 on the PSU, but it still wouldn't work. But when I tested the other parts to see if they still work, my GPU doesn't give a display whenever I install it into another computer. Does anybody know if there's a way to fix this or is it dead?

Specs: 

CPU: 3600x

Mobo: MSI b450i gaming ac

GPU: EVGA iCX GTX 1080Ti

PSU: Included NZXT(made by Seasonic) 650w 80+ Gold

Try fully shutting down the PC. Turn off PC, then turn off PSU. Hold down power button for 10 -15seconds. that will clear all the power from the PC and hopefully fix the problem. 

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

22 minutes ago, MarvintheParrot said:

Try fully shutting down the PC. Turn off PC, then turn off PSU. Hold down power button for 10 -15seconds. that will clear all the power from the PC and hopefully fix the problem. 

I tried this but the the PSU still wont turn on.

I tried this but the the PSU still wont turn on.

So the PSU wont even turn on? I know its kinda silly, but you should make sure that both ends of the power cord are plugged in. Also make sure that it's tuned on and that all cables inside the PC(24 pin, 8 pin, esc.) are connected.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

Just now, MarvintheParrot said:

So the PSU wont even turn on? I know its kinda silly, but you should make sure that both ends of the power cord are plugged in. Also make sure that it's tuned on and that all cables inside the PC(24 pin, 8 pin, esc.) are connected.

I made sure all the cables are plugged in and that the 24pin, 8pin, and dual 8 pins for the cpu are connected.

I made sure all the cables are plugged in and that the 24pin, 8pin, and dual 8 pins for the cpu are connected.

Do you have another PSU that you could try?

1 minute ago, MarvintheParrot said:

Do you have another PSU that you could try?

yes, I have another PSU i could try, but its a 550w 80+ bronze so I'm slightly worried to use it with the 1080Ti, which is the only GPU I have on hand right now.

8 minutes ago, yoyo299 said:

yes, I have another PSU i could try, but its a 550w 80+ bronze so I'm slightly worried to use it with the 1080Ti, which is the only GPU I have on hand right now.

as long as you are not playing games or using full load, it should not hit 550W.

50 minutes ago, MarvintheParrot said:

as long as you are not playing games or using full load, it should not hit 550W.

I just tried the other PSU, and it still wouldn't post until I switched the GPU with one that I found in an old pre-built. So I'm thinking now that its both the PSU and GPU that are dead.

9 hours ago, yoyo299 said:

I just tried the other PSU, and it still wouldn't post until I switched the GPU with one that I found in an old pre-built. So I'm thinking now that its both the PSU and GPU that are dead.

That could be it, did you try the 650 W PSU with the pre built GPU?

4 hours ago, MarvintheParrot said:

That could be it, did you try the 650 W PSU with the pre built GPU?

Yes, and it posted, so now I think its just the GPU that has issues.

2 hours ago, yoyo299 said:

Yes, and it posted, so now I think its just the GPU that has issues.

yes, thats what is sound like. When did you buy the 1080 Ti? Is it still under warranty?

1 hour ago, MarvintheParrot said:

yes, thats what is sound like. When did you buy the 1080 Ti? Is it still under warranty?

I bought it used a couple days ago so I can contact the seller to see if its under warranty.