Random software, what is this

da na
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,
1 minute ago, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

OK, thanks.

No worries. I just checked mine myself and had one "Program" in startup on task manager. There was a shortcut to a program that no longer exists. Removed the shortcut and it's gone from task manager.

can you open file location?image.png.a8fa82d1aff6f7632ff9bafcfe10cf2d.png

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

It's normally from a program that hasn't cleaned up properly after uninstalling. 

Go to %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and remove any exes or shortcuts for programs that no longer exist.

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

It's normally from a program that hasn't cleaned up properly after uninstalling. 

Go to %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and remove any exes or shortcuts for programs that no longer exist.

OK, thanks.

OK, thanks.

No worries. I just checked mine myself and had one "Program" in startup on task manager. There was a shortcut to a program that no longer exists. Removed the shortcut and it's gone from task manager.

'properties' and 'open file location' are greyed out when i right click

if you can disable it, try that, see if anything breaks, if not, you should be okay

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

1 minute ago, WikiForce said:

some program tend to not uninstall properly and leaving that behind, i had this issue with zotac firestorm (gpu overclocking utility)

that might be greyed out because they are usually non-existing stuff

yeah... is it just some residual stuff? Last time I installed something was Genshin Impact several months ago

2 minutes ago, DaJakerBoss said:

if you can disable it, try that, see if anything breaks, if not, you should be okay

They're already disabled though.

yeah... is it just some residual stuff? Last time I installed something was Genshin Impact several months ago

Yes. It's normally just a shortcut that points to an exe that no longer exists.