Constant BSODs only while gaming

vito5613
Go to solution Solved by vito5613,

Hello everyone,

Ever since I've upgraded my PC a little less then a year ago I've been getting random BSODs only while gaming, but not in every single game either. One day the game would work fine all day without a single BSOD, the next it would crash like every 30- 60 mins. Today I had 3 BSODs in the span of about 45 mins while playing The Forest with a few friends and last Tuesday it was fine.

The BSODs usualy change around but most common one is DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, others tend to say MEMORY MANAGMENT, PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA, KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE, SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. And it always says caused by ntoskrnl.exe.

It usualy crashes in games such as Planetside 2, COD Warzone, The Forest, 7 Days to Die, Phasmophobia, World war Z, it NEVER crashed while playing Destiny 2, Stellaris, Cyberpunk 2077, Elite Dangerous, Overcooked 2.

I tried reseating the RAM, CPU, GPU, and at one point I thought my problem was the new PSU I got which was the ANTEC 750W Earthwatts GOLD Pro since we did find out one of the CPU power cabels was non functional so I replaced it with my old Coolermaster 700W PSU that I used in my old system. It worked perfectly for about 2-3 weeks without BSODs then they started happening again. I got a brand new PSU like the new one I bought since it was still under warranty but I haven't changed it out since I thought there was no need to anyway. I also bought a brand new M.2 SSD for my boot drive and that didn't help either. I didn't manage to swap out the GPU for another one since I don't have a way to get one to test if it's the GPU that's causing the problems.

My current specs are:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X not overclocked

RAM: G.skill trident Z 3000MHz 2x8GB with XMP enabled to 3000MHz

GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX1060 6GB non overclocked

MBO: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite with BIOS F51

PSU: Coolermaster 700W non modular ( Used to be ANTEC 750W Earthwatts GOLD Pro )

Boot drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 256GB m.2 

2 more HDDs one 1TB other 2TB

1 SATA SSD that used to be my old boot drive 240GB

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip

Hello everyone,

Ever since I've upgraded my PC a little less then a year ago I've been getting random BSODs only while gaming, but not in every single game either. One day the game would work fine all day without a single BSOD, the next it would crash like every 30- 60 mins. Today I had 3 BSODs in the span of about 45 mins while playing The Forest with a few friends and last Tuesday it was fine.

The BSODs usualy change around but most common one is DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, others tend to say MEMORY MANAGMENT, PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA, KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE, SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. And it always says caused by ntoskrnl.exe.

It usualy crashes in games such as Planetside 2, COD Warzone, The Forest, 7 Days to Die, Phasmophobia, World war Z, it NEVER crashed while playing Destiny 2, Stellaris, Cyberpunk 2077, Elite Dangerous, Overcooked 2.

I tried reseating the RAM, CPU, GPU, and at one point I thought my problem was the new PSU I got which was the ANTEC 750W Earthwatts GOLD Pro since we did find out one of the CPU power cabels was non functional so I replaced it with my old Coolermaster 700W PSU that I used in my old system. It worked perfectly for about 2-3 weeks without BSODs then they started happening again. I got a brand new PSU like the new one I bought since it was still under warranty but I haven't changed it out since I thought there was no need to anyway. I also bought a brand new M.2 SSD for my boot drive and that didn't help either. I didn't manage to swap out the GPU for another one since I don't have a way to get one to test if it's the GPU that's causing the problems.

My current specs are:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X not overclocked

RAM: G.skill trident Z 3000MHz 2x8GB with XMP enabled to 3000MHz

GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX1060 6GB non overclocked

MBO: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite with BIOS F51

PSU: Coolermaster 700W non modular ( Used to be ANTEC 750W Earthwatts GOLD Pro )

Boot drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 256GB m.2 

2 more HDDs one 1TB other 2TB

1 SATA SSD that used to be my old boot drive 240GB

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip

Edited by vito5613

35 minutes ago, vito5613 said:

XMP enabled to 3000MHz

Turn that off for now, XMP causes more issues than it solves.

Re-run games, see if the BSoDs go away.

If not, let me know and I'll dig through the crash dumps you posted, and see if I can see anything more specific.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

15 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Turn that off for now, XMP causes more issues than it solves.

Re-run games, see if the BSoDs go away.

If not, let me know and I'll dig through the crash dumps you posted, and see if I can see anything more specific.

I turned off XMP and now its running at stock 2133MHz, after about an hour of playing The Forest everything seems ok. I'll post again in case something messes up. Thx