bad ping why??

RotatoGonzaless
3 minutes ago, RotatoGonzaless said:

the issues are rly rly old and still there.mostly we thought its vodafones fault but then i checked with lan cable and it mostly seems its our fault

So this has been going on for some time then. Ok, does everyone suffer from this issue that connects to the router (the fritzbox) or is it just you?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Ok, seems to be a fair number people helping out the OP. I'm gonna step out so I don't add any more confusion, if you need help (I do this stuff for a living) let me know and I'll see if I can add any insight.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, RotatoGonzaless said:

1.) Realtek 8812BU W-LAN 802.11ac-USB-NIC 
2.) fritzbox 6490 cable 
3.) eeeh whats that if u mean how the internet is connected to us its rly cheap 
4.) 100mbit down 50 up i think vodafone plan. 

you mentioned you have VDSL, but since there is some confusion, you can help us determine this by taking a picture of the connector on your router where the cable for the internet plugs in (probably labelled "WAN" or something similar). depending on the connector+cable used, we can figure that out

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

4 minutes ago, RotatoGonzaless said:

1.) Realtek 8812BU W-LAN 802.11ac-USB-NIC 
2.) fritzbox 6490 cable 
3.) eeeh whats that if u mean how the internet is connected to us its rly cheap 
4.) 100mbit down 50 up i think vodafone plan. 

Do you use the 5GHz band or the 2.4GHz band?

How is the performance on cable?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

6 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

So this has been going on for some time then. Ok, does everyone suffer from this issue that connects to the router (the fritzbox) or is it just you?

mostly just me. sometimes my brother in my other room too tho but most times they go on nice and its only me

2 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Do you use the 5GHz band or the 2.4GHz band?

i tried both and 2.4 ghz was more stable :")

2 minutes ago, RotatoGonzaless said:

i tried both and 2.4 ghz was more stable :")

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

17 hours ago, Vishera said:

similiar i also get lagspikes on cable. also most of the time download and upload rate are worse than on wifi. so i stayed on wifi most of the time

17 hours ago, tarfeef101 said:

are you able to switch to wired LAN for now to help eliminate wireless issues whilst debugging? Since you mentioned issues persist when on LAN, it's better to remove variables while diagnosing problems

when i switch to lan here i have a powerline adapter connected that is connected to router. if i connect directly into the router its perfect i even get more download sometimes than 100 lol. but when i use my powerline lan adapter on my desktop pc its shit. download rate like 10mbit and ping is high( it doesnt hop tho it just stays consistently high)

1 hour ago, RotatoGonzaless said:

when i switch to lan here i have a powerline adapter connected that is connected to router. if i connect directly into the router its perfect i even get more download sometimes than 100 lol. but when i use my powerline lan adapter on my desktop pc its shit. download rate like 10mbit and ping is high( it doesnt hop tho it just stays consistently high)

Okay you need to be that specific from the outset. What you said before lead me to believe you had the same problems on all protocols. However it seems like LAN is fine, powerline sucks, and wifi is even worse. 

In that case, consider MoCA adapters instead of powerline, and consider some of the wireless debugging+improvement advice already given (trying to find a less popular channels, use band steering where appropriate, new access points ofc always help, make sure your wireless card is good, etc)

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

1 hour ago, tarfeef101 said:

powerline sucks, and wifi is even worse. 

Power line adapters can be worse than low end Wi-Fi.

It's clear that the power line adapter is the cause of the problem.

What is your budget?

For 100€ you can get a medium-high end router/extender:

The Asus RT-AC85P is really good at that price,you can connect the cable to this instead of the power line adapter,

You can also set it up as a repeater,but i don't recommend it since repeating signals have higher latency.

If i am not mistaken it's a 3x3 router so the experience will be significantly better.

Here is a review of the router: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/asus-rt-ac85p-review/2/

4 minutes ago, Vishera said:

What is your budget?

For 100€ you can get a medium-high end router/extender:

The Asus RT-AC85P is really good at that price,you can connect the cable to this instead of the power line adapter,

You can also set it up as a repeater,but i don't recommend it since repeating signals have higher latency.

If i am not mistaken it's a 3x3 router so the experience will be significantly better.

Here is a review of the router: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/asus-rt-ac85p-review/2/

i moved the repeater into my room and connected lan to it. it seems better now. Can i conclude that my wlan adapter just sucked?
thx for the massive help btw. i will also look into the asus 

52 minutes ago, RotatoGonzaless said:

Can i conclude that my wlan adapter just sucked?

Not yet,The router can be the cause,since the repeater repeats the signal of the router.

52 minutes ago, RotatoGonzaless said:

thx for the massive help btw. i will also look into the asus 

Use the Asus as your main router,

If the signal doesn't reach your room then use the repeater you have.

If the repeater you have is the cause use the Asus router as your main router, 

If the signal doesn't get to your room then use the Asus router as a repeater (Your router will bottleneck the Asus router), 

The ideal way is to use the Asus router as your main router.

Also consider upgrading your Wi-Fi card on your PC.

8 hours ago, Vishera said:

Lol what why are you taking my words out of context? I was summarizing OP's specific situation. Not making sweeping statements about those technologies. Not here to bicker tho so let's just not do that again and move on

About upgrades to networking gear, though:

I would avoid repeaters and consumer stuff generally unless you're getting those fancy mesh kits. If you have a large enough house that one access point isn't enough, I'd get something more business or prosumer focused, at least. 

Lots of people gush about ubiquiti. I don't use their stuff personally, but if you like it, that's cool. I find TP-Link's EAP access points to work excellently, and be budget friendly. They in my experience have much better handoff behaviour and consistency vs consumer APs and repeaters. 

As for routers, I am a nerd with a university level education including networking as part of it, so I'm comfortable with complex and low level solutions as far as making iptables rules for routing. So I am biased when I say I don't like consumer routers because I can easily use an old PC with pfsense or just a custom Linux install to pull router/firewall duty. I'd say ubiquiti is probably a good middle ground there, my parents have an edgerouter at their place which does all they need. And most importantly to me, I find dedicated routing devices that don't try to be APs as well much more reliable, I've seen too many consumer all in one devices fail, and be generally slow and not maintained.

14 hours ago, tarfeef101 said:

About upgrades to networking gear, though:

I would avoid repeaters and consumer stuff generally unless you're getting those fancy mesh kits. If you have a large enough house that one access point isn't enough, I'd get something more business or prosumer focused, at least. 

Lots of people gush about ubiquiti. I don't use their stuff personally, but if you like it, that's cool. I find TP-Link's EAP access points to work excellently, and be budget friendly. They in my experience have much better handoff behaviour and consistency vs consumer APs and repeaters. 

As for routers, I am a nerd with a university level education including networking as part of it, so I'm comfortable with complex and low level solutions as far as making iptables rules for routing. So I am biased when I say I don't like consumer routers because I can easily use an old PC with pfsense or just a custom Linux install to pull router/firewall duty. I'd say ubiquiti is probably a good middle ground there, my parents have an edgerouter at their place which does all they need. And most importantly to me, I find dedicated routing devices that don't try to be APs as well much more reliable, I've seen too many consumer all in one devices fail, and be generally slow and not maintained.

thank you for your insight :)) i am studying computer science right now and i hope we will get that in our network lesson or any other. it seems pretty informative 🙂
if my budget allows it i am going to buy some fancy things for me like these but for now i will stick with the repeater being on top of my pc and connected to my pc via LAN.
Thank you so much and the others for the big help 🙂