Exciting Times

Over the next year will be some of the biggest changes I have experianced in the computer/tech/gaming world. Ive only been dilogently following tech stuff for about a year and ive gotta say some of the things coming in the next year is interesting to say the least. Haswell hopefully withing a few months and for me that is very important because I am going to have to buy a laptop soon. Nvidia also said to be releasing their 700 series of GPU's withing the next few months. This isnt going to be ground breaking, from what I read basically just a refresh of GK110, but still interesting. AMD rumored to release their 8000 series GPU's near the end of this year, possibly early next. I personally love competition and I really want AMD to give Nvidia a run for their money if not beat them. Also DDR4 memory hopefully by the end of this year if not sooner. Then finally the possibility of Haswell-E at the end of the year. Ive seen rumors saying it would have atleast 12 cores and 24 threads, if some of these articles are true all I have to say is wow.

Moving on to more of the gaming the world. The obvious release of next gen consoles, which they are interesting, but to computer gamers not anything to write home about. But I have never been a PC gamer when new consoles come out. So one thing I am interested in is how it will affect the advancement of PC games? Those of you who have been around during new cosole releases, will we see a big advancement in graphics in the coming years? Also with 4k monitors on the market (hopefully they decline in price) how long will it be common to have higher than 1080p monitors (4k and 2k) for most consumers. So what are you guys most excited for? If I am missing anything let me know :)

the biggest leap in gaming hardware is gonna be the next gen consoles, it will allow computer games to get more graphical and then hardware will push to utilise it to the fullest

Character artist in the Games industry.

the biggest leap in gaming hardware is gonna be the next gen consoles, it will allow computer games to get more graphical and then hardware will push to utilise it to the fullest

The only problem with the evolution of consoles is you will start to hear the console gamer's start to brag over how their system will be equal to a PC, but this will only be for a short amount of time. 

and in 2015 nvidia volta and stacked Vram is HUGE bandwidth will be ridiculous. i am kinda the same as you i have only known and followed tech for a little less than a year.  

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

The only problem with the evolution of consoles is you will start to hear the console gamer's start to brag over how their system will be equal to a PC, but this will only be for a short amount of time. 

yh..... the PS4 and Xbox 720 are already outdated.

the only bragging rights they will have are to exclusive titles and a loud box by there TV's

Character artist in the Games industry.

4K made the PS4 obsolete. It's GPU is equal to an HD 7850 by all specs which even a 2GB Version cannot game that well at that resolution...

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

and in 2015 nvidia volta and stacked Vram is HUGE bandwidth will be ridiculous. i am kinda the same as you i have only known and followed tech for a little less than a year.  

I've read into this a little but not too much. From my understanding it would allow game makers to be able to put an insane amount of detail into their games because of the extra bandwidth. So for instance in like Skyrim when you look off of a mountain into the horizon you will have the same amount of detail half way across the world of skyrim that you do right next to you. Thinking about it that coupled with the 2k and 4k monitors would be such an amazing gaming experience, I don't even think words could describe it.

4K made the PS4 obsolete. It's GPU is equal to an HD 7850 by all specs which even a 2GB Version cannot game that well at that resolution...

Yeah I dont think anyone ever thought it would be able to support 4k. Current consoles barely support 720p and 1080p is only supported with image enhancing (or something of that nature). But for right now no support for 4k is not a big deal because very few have 4k monitors or tv's. But it could become a problem in say 5 years when they are affordable (hopefully it would be less than 5 years :P). But only time will tell.

Am I the only one that thinks that the PC industry is incredibly boring?

Same story every year..

Intel releases a new tick or tock in their Core architecture, and it's gonna be 5-10% faster and more power efficient.

Same goes for mobo's. Every manufacturer makes a new chipset mobo, and there's gonna be cheap ones and better ones. Nothing more nothing less.

AMD and Nvidia release new GPU's, that are going to be roughly equivalent to the previous generation, though a bit faster and more power efficient.

Believe me if I say DDR4 isn't going to be on the market any time soon. That said, DDR4 is nothing to get exited about.

PC industry is boring as hell if you ask me

I want to see some real new innovative shit, like a battery that can last a few days or some kind of thought controlled computer

I want to see some real new innovative shit, like a battery that can last a few days or some kind of thought controlled computer

Big advancements come from these "boring" smaller ones. Just because tech companies cant be innovative with everything that they make doesn't mean they aren't ever innovative.