No video signal after replacing motherboard battery

TristanK
Go to solution Solved by TristanK,

No problem bro, it gets to us , see ya :D

You know what the actuall problem was. It wasnt the rams. They all work. It started working because before I checked the rams again I took out the CPU and put it back again :) LOL 

Hi everyone. I have quite a problem and I'm hoping you can help me solve it. I was recently asked to repair a certain PC since it wouldn't work properly. The guy said that the computer didn't show the correct system time so he replaced the motherboard batery and Since than the PC still started but didnt put out any video signal.

PC specs are as follows:

• Motherboard: MSI MS-7260 ver:1
  • Memory: 2 x Ceon DDR2 667 512MB CL5, 1 x Patriot PSD21G6672H, 1 x OCZ2G8001G
  • CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 (AD03600IAA4CU  NDB5F  0633VPMW  Z981273H60030)
  • GPU: ATI Radeon X1600 Pro
  • TV card: Gigabyte GT-P8000
  • PSU: LC power Pentium IV & PFC 420W, Model: LC6420
  • HDD: Samsung HD160JJ

Before you write what I should do let me just tell you what i did allready:

• Unpluged and pluged back in everything on the motherboard,
  • Tried yet another motherboard battery,
  • Replaced the graphics card with one I knew for sure was working,
  • Replaced the PSU,
  • Held down the power button for 30 sec to reset bios (did it multiple times),
  • Placed the jumper to different pins,
  • Started without the jumper,
  • Tested RAM
  • Maybe I did something else but cant remember anymore since numerous unsuccessfull tries.

So if anyone thinks he can help me please respond

p.s.: read the above list first so you don't tell me the sollutions I allready tried.

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

Sounds like the motherboard might have just been shorted out although I can't be certain, does it give out any beeping error codes of the sort?

Also (might sound rhetorical) did you try connecting the video cable into the MB instead of the GPU?

I fix computers and computer accessories... sometimes... when I want to...

Sounds like the motherboard might have just been shorted out although I can't be certain, does it give out any beeping error codes of the sort?

Also (might sound rhetorical) did you try connecting the video cable into the MB instead of the GPU?

Nothing. The PC starts normally but there is just no video output. I seriously doubt that just replacing the MB battery shorted the MB.

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

Nothing. The PC starts normally but there is just no video output. I seriously doubt that just replacing the MB battery shorted the MB.

Well it's not to say the battery did such but maybe when the sir replaced the battery he could have shorted something out while in contact with the motherboard itself :( (of course I could be wrong)

Wait a minute, what are the timings on the ram and try putting in only one stick of ram (doesn't matter which one as long as it works)

Wait a minute, what are the timings on the ram and try putting in only one stick of ram (doesn't matter which one as long as it works)

Did that allready. That was one of the first things i did when I saw the RAM configuration.

Specs: 

Spoiler

Did that allready. That was one of the first things i did when I saw the RAM configuration.

Hm, well I'm stuck, I'll also assume you ran the system with just the ram, cpu, and hard drive right?

Hey I tried the rams again. And I must have left out something before because now it just started working with just OCZ one inside LOL

Specs: 

Spoiler

Hm, well I'm stuck, I'll also assume you ran the system with just the ram, cpu, and hard drive right?

Thanks for the help. I now have to test once more all of the rams. Damnit, don't know what I was doing before so that it dodn't work with 1 ram. Probably just a head full of junk not thinkins straight :D

Specs: 

Spoiler

Hey I tried the rams again. And I must have left out something before because now it just started working with just OCZ one inside LOL

Told ya, usually all video output problems are caused by bad ram configs (at least in my cases) xD

Well, looks like you know what to do, order matching pairs of ram and send that computer off :D

Thanks for the help. I now have to test once more all of the rams. Damnit, don't know what I was doing before so that it dodn't work with 1 ram. Probably just a head full of junk not thinkins straight :D

You know what the actuall problem was. It wasnt the rams. They all work. It started working because before I checked the rams again I took out the CPU and put it back again :) LOL 

Specs: 

Spoiler

Aww kill joy xD

• 2 weeks later...

TristanK: Try disabling Secure Boot in your UEFI Bios, mate. Then enable legacy. Then turn off, install your card, boot up, and it should be running.

TristanK: Try disabling Secure Boot in your UEFI Bios, mate. Then enable legacy. Then turn off, install your card, boot up, and it should be running.

Solved it allready, but what you suggested wouldnt help anyway because the PC didnt have UEFI. It was a WinXP machine and a darn old one. So no secureBoot option and no UEFI/Legacy option. Just Legacy

Specs: 

Spoiler