Network Splitting??

Zefer

Ok, so long story short, this question sounds stupid but will make my life better. I want to take my network and split the speed. For example, say I receive 20mbps down and 10 up, I want 10mbps down to go to my computer and the rest to anywhere else. I basically want dedicated speed for my computer and dedicated speed for the rest of the house with no overlap. So when we are watching a movie, it doesnt intrude on someone playing games. I hope this makes sense.

That should be possible depending on what router you have. Log into the router interface and look for a QoS section, if you find it you should be able to give your computer a higher priority.

1 minute ago, The_russian said:

That should be possible depending on what router you have. Log into the router interface and look for a QoS section, if you find it you should be able to give your computer a higher priority.

So, yes I can set a priority, BUT it does not allow me to restrict extra data from everything else. Not only do I want to restrict the Data on my PC, but restrict everything else

28 minutes ago, Zefer said:

So, yes I can set a priority, BUT it does not allow me to restrict extra data from everything else. Not only do I want to restrict the Data on my PC, but restrict everything else

Some routers do let you set bandwidth limits, but from my experience most only let you set a priority. If that is the case with yours, you should be able to set your computer to high and set the other devices to low, that should give you the same result. 

16 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Some routers do let you set bandwidth limits, but from my experience most only let you set a priority. If that is the case with yours, you should be able to set your computer to high and set the other devices to low, that should give you the same result. 

So the reason that does not work in my scenario, is because in reality my internet is dogsh!t slow. 4mbps down and 1 up. hopefully going to be 8 down and 2 up. But everything worked well on its own at 4 and 1. You cant run more then one thing at once that uses the internet. If I want to play games, no one can watch netflix or scroll social media. So I wanted to split 8 and 2. 4 and 1 would be only used for my computer ever. and the other 4 and 1 would only be accessible to the rest of the devices.

5 minutes ago, Zefer said:

So the reason that does not work in my scenario, is because in reality my internet is dogsh!t slow. 4mbps down and 1 up. hopefully going to be 8 down and 2 up. But everything worked well on its own at 4 and 1. You cant run more then one thing at once that uses the internet. If I want to play games, no one can watch netflix or scroll social media. So I wanted to split 8 and 2. 4 and 1 would be only used for my computer ever. and the other 4 and 1 would only be accessible to the rest of the devices.

It looks like Bandwidth Control from TP-Link (link below) would do what you want, but without knowing the model number of your router there is not much I can suggest. 

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/557/

21 hours ago, The_russian said:

It looks like Bandwidth Control from TP-Link (link below) would do what you want, but without knowing the model number of your router there is not much I can suggest. 

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/557/

Thank you!