Ryzen 9 5900X vs i9 10900K

4 hours ago, timtimie said:

Budget (including currency): not limited but don't want to waste money

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: HOI4

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Ok so Im building a much needed new pc as my old i7 4790k with GTX770's in SLI is finally slow enough to justify it.

The problem I'm having is choosing my new CPU. If there was no cost difference then I know the 5800X is the clear winner vs i9 10900k, looking at benchmarks its got better gaming performance and PCIe 4 support.

However due to low stocks on Ryzen 5xxx series the price has gone up a lot so right now I have two options.

1. Ryzen 9 5900X for 750e

2. i9 10900k for 530e

So the question is, Ryzen 9 5800x is better but is is 200e better?

Looking for any advice or opinions on this, basically in 2 years time would you be happier with the extra performance of the Ryzen CPU or is the difference so small that you'd be happier with the 200e in your pocket?

Are there any features that Ryzen has that I would really be missing out on?

For GPU I've already gotten an RTX 3080, will PCIe 4 make much difference for this card or is PCIe 3.0 enough bandwidth anyway?

WIll the extra two cores on the Ryzen matter much?

Any help is much appreciated.

*if not totally clear, e = euro

3700X also supports 4th gen pcie, while is on stock, much chepaer and still powerfull enough to run newest games at 240fps. And rather spend on higher capacity and very fast memory. AMD loves fast memory