Video and Audio Stuttering in game

In one of my games (Escape From Tarkov) the audio and video freeze every three or so seconds. It makes the game basically unplayable other than the menus. It doesn't happen on any other game, but none of my other games are as demanding. I checked all the game forums and no one seems to be having the same problem. I tried rebooting audio drivers and updating the motherboard drivers, but I found no real solution. Sometimes the problem will randomly disappear, but never for long. I'm wondering if it is my pc or monitor or of it's the game/server? Any tips are appreciated. My gpu is a 2080 super and I have x2 16gb ram sticks. I have an 850w corsair psu which is almost double what my hardware requires so I doubt it's a power deficiency. My fear is that the monitor is the problem. For now I am using a cheap $100 40" tv monitor approx 100hz with no sync. Yes the tearing is horrible, but hopefully the monitor I want will be in stock soon. My audio is connected to the monitor so that may be why the audio stuttering is in sync with the video stutters. Idk... Just some thoughts. I'm kind of thinking out loud. I'll probably be up for another hour to respond to questions so plz send ideas my way! Thanks so much and I love you linus 馃檹馃ズ馃挍