Asus rog x470-i gaming bios not updating

zilla7382

Having issues getting this motherboard to update its bios the internet auto updater keeps trying to download the zip file from the source and any/all attempts to do it manually result in the selected file is not a proper bios. I have reformatted my flash drive to fat32 multiple times and have tried using the zip,unzip,renamed, and original named forms of the file to no avail. Anyone willing to help me fix this. Also I put myself in this situation trying to run a ryzen 7 3700x on an x470board

• 2 months later...
On 1/17/2021 at 8:46 AM, zilla7382 said:

Having issues getting this motherboard to update its bios the internet auto updater keeps trying to download the zip file from the source and any/all attempts to do it manually result in the selected file is not a proper bios. I have reformatted my flash drive to fat32 multiple times and have tried using the zip,unzip,renamed, and original named forms of the file to no avail. Anyone willing to help me fix this. Also I put myself in this situation trying to run a ryzen 7 3700x on an x470board

I had the same issue and found the solution you're looking for. There are BIOS update prerequisites before updating to the latest version. I previously had Version 0601 2018/04/26.

My update path was the following:

• Version 2008 2019/03/15
  • Version 2703 2019/08/23
  • Version 4007 2020/12/10
  • Version 4301 2021/03/29

Hope this helps!

• 6 months later...

Made an acount here just to say, THANK YOU.... after 2703 i could punch in the latest 4603.