Need some tips with Pump orientation

Tech Reprise
Go to solution Solved by GhostRoadieBL,

both orientations are totally fine, Lines on the new build (blue) are not kinked and have a smooth curve so you're all good. AIOs have stiffer tubing than custom soft tubing so it takes a huge amount of force to kink the lines or mount them wrong. 

It is still better to mount the pump/plate to the CPU before you mount the radiator so the mounting pressure is even and the lines aren't under tension potentially causing the plate to have uneven pressure or worst case lifted spots between the CPU and coldplate. 

Need some tips on AIO pump mounting.
I have a DeepCool L240 V2 and I have mounted the pump with the logo facing up.
Here in this position the pump exerts some sidewise force on the tubing. Means you have to hold the pump down and screw it or the bendy nature of the tubes will move the pump away.
So I guess  this much bend should be okay for this AIO?

Previously I had it mounted on the different orientation with little more slack in the tubing but a different pump position with the pump rotated 90° to the right.
Also the previous cooler had to be RMA'ed and the replacement one had longer tubing
NEW Case in Blue Light.
Old one in RGB Light.

@DeepCool Alan@DeepCool zer0

16108276143905145199328246674390.jpg

IMG_20200605_192747.jpg

• AMD Ryzen 7 5700X Stock
  • B550 Aorus Elite V2 Rev1.2
  • G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600Mhz 32gb (8gb x4)
  • MSI Mech 2X RX6600
  • Deepcool AK620 WH
  • Deepcool CK500 WH
  • Kingston A2000 250gb + WD Blue 1tb HDD, Sn550 1tb + MX500 1000gb
  • Antec EAG Pro 750 80+G
  • Benq Mobiuz EX2510 144Hz

both orientations are totally fine, Lines on the new build (blue) are not kinked and have a smooth curve so you're all good. AIOs have stiffer tubing than custom soft tubing so it takes a huge amount of force to kink the lines or mount them wrong. 

It is still better to mount the pump/plate to the CPU before you mount the radiator so the mounting pressure is even and the lines aren't under tension potentially causing the plate to have uneven pressure or worst case lifted spots between the CPU and coldplate. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

4 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

Thanks for that tip. Will keep that in mind next time. I usually attach the Rad first then the Pump and had to hold it down very tightly so that it was flat and criss-crossed the thumb screws.
Is there any possibility/chance that the tubes detach from the connectors in the current position (Blue)?

• MSI Mech 2X RX6600
  • Deepcool AK620 WH
  • Deepcool CK500 WH
  • Antec EAG Pro 750 80+G

Just now, RR94IND said:

Thanks for that tip. Will keep that in mind next time.
Is there any possibility/chance that the tubes detach from the connectors in the current position (Blue)?

extremely unlikely. If you can wiggle the lines with one finger there isn't enough tension to crack the fittings, if they don't move at all then you may want to rotate the radiator 180 to loosen them a bit. from the look they are not under much tension at all. 

if you had to lean over the computer and put your whole bodyweight into it to put enough pressure on the cpu block to mount it then maybe but no one would do that. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

Just now, GhostRoadieBL said:

extremely unlikely. If you can wiggle the lines with one finger there isn't enough tension to crack the fittings, if they don't move at all then you may want to rotate the radiator 180 to loosen them a bit. from the look they are not under much tension at all. 

if you had to lean over the computer and put your whole bodyweight into it to put enough pressure on the cpu block to mount it then maybe but no one would do that. 

yes, I can wiggle them with one finger. I can even move the Joints to better adjust the tubes, which I already did.
So I guess all is fine for now.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Much Appreciated.

• MSI Mech 2X RX6600
  • Deepcool AK620 WH
  • Deepcool CK500 WH
  • Antec EAG Pro 750 80+G

On 1/16/2021 at 12:37 PM, RR94IND said:

yes, I can wiggle them with one finger. I can even move the Joints to better adjust the tubes, which I already did.
So I guess all is fine for now.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Much Appreciated.

Hello,

As @GhostRoadieBL has mentioned, you are completely fine in either orientation. Braided hoses are far less likely to get kinked, so I wouldn't worry about that aspect. It would also take a lot premediated force to pull the hoses off the barbs, so I would not be too concerned about that; especially from the picture you have provided. You should be good all around.

DeepCool Support