Windows 10 mini-freezes with sound doing the same, faulty hardware / just windows?

MultiGamerClub

Fresh-installed 2 months ago as i was trying to install windows on another disk while my own failed to locate winload.efi so i had to fresh install because of that.

Now 2 months later, windows or something is causing mini-freezes.. Im not even doing anything heavy, im literally playing spotify and browsing the internet for causes on why this pc freezes.

e: Thinking it could be the audio-card as, but its barely new from 2017 so perhaps not? Not sure if windows has gotten worse over the years or just this is how it is..

Specs are in my signature, if you have those disabled, see here:

ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 1700 at 3.8GHz/1.3v MasterLiquid ML360R RGB | PNY Geforce RTX 2080 Super OC 8GB Gaming | Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 (2x 8GB) 3000 MHz | Fractal Design 750w Integra M | Intel 600p - 256 GB (M.2) | Samsung EVO 850 - 500 GB | Samsung EVO Pro 850 - 250 GB Fractal Design R6 Black (Silent)

Display(s): ACER Predator XB1H Abmiprzx 144hz/1ms / Philips 273ELH LED 60hz/3.5ms

Edited by MultiGamerClub

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

On 1/17/2021 at 1:35 AM, gabrielcarvfer said:

BIOS version?

5220, will update to 5603 when I'm home. 

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

I keep reading your title as:

"Windows 10 mini-freezer with sound...."

lol

Ok anyway,

This sounds like latency issue to me. Assuming no OC was done on the system:

This is typically solved by uninstalling, restart, and re-install certain drivers.

Typically, the culprit is audio, network, and/or graphics card, or the chipset drivers are simply not installed. Install it and restart your system, if you forgot to do so.

Sometimes, it can be simply diagnosed, by going to Device Manager panel, and disable the each hardware until the problem is solved. It's a worth a shot, however, you may need to restart your system to see effect. Hopefully you don't have a combination.

If you find the faulty hardware driver that causes the latency issue, but every time you install back the driver the problem happens again, you may need to try an older driver.

On 1/23/2021 at 6:46 PM, GoodBytes said:

I keep reading your title as:

"Windows 10 mini-freezer with sound...."

lol

Ok anyway,

This sounds like latency issue to me. Assuming no OC was done on the system:

This is typically solved by uninstalling, restart, and re-install certain drivers.

Typically, the culprit is audio, network, and/or graphics card, or the chipset drivers are simply not installed. Install it and restart your system, if you forgot to do so.

Sometimes, it can be simply diagnosed, by going to Device Manager panel, and disable the each hardware until the problem is solved. It's a worth a shot, however, you may need to restart your system to see effect. Hopefully you don't have a combination.

If you find the faulty hardware driver that causes the latency issue, but every time you install back the driver the problem happens again, you may need to try an older driver.

Windows just went and installed a bunch of new updates which almost bricked my system on startup.

Decided it was best to just format the entire thing, everything is now updated to their latest drivers but its sad to see windows not even being 2 weeks old starting to show issues.

The only thing i have an overclock at the moment is the cpu doing 3.8ghz (lol i know) with 1.3volt.. On a liquid cooler aio 360mm.. Basicly nothing but then again, who knows if this is the problem.

On 1/23/2021 at 8:06 PM, gabrielcarvfer said:

My 1700 also has weird latency issues from time to time, and also on Linux. At least in my case, doesn't seem to be a driver issue. 
Never figured out what causes the issue, but one of the BIOS updates seemed to mitigate the problem.

Hoping 5603 bios version update will do that here to solve the issue, it comes and goes some times but its been coming back alot more recently before i just formatted the entire pc.

I mean yeah, bios update, drivers, etc could actually fix the issue though in my experience that sort of thing is often hard drive(s) related.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 5:13 PM, Mark Kaine said:

I mean yeah, bios update, drivers, etc could actually fix the issue though in my experience that sort of thing is often hard drive(s) related.

Running 1 M2 and 2 SSD's.

Probably gonna have to change them in a few years.

For all i know this is the issue but dont really have anything to jump to, with how much shortages there is..

Its hard enough to get a decent hdd/sdd with decent shipping.. That coming from someone living in norway..