Pc won't boot. (Kinda)

Pear111

Hello all,

I was watching YouTube and browsing twitch before deciding making something to eat.

I came back to my monitor,keyboard and mouse all dark but my case/fans,lights inside the case where still working. So I tried restarting after a few minutes and nothing has happened since but the fans are still spinning on my gpu/psu/cpu. lights in the case work but my monitor/keyboard ect no longer light up or want to work.

I have not updated anything or messed with anything, I don't do heavy demanding stuff to rise the temps so I'm baffled as to why this is happening.

I have already tried to remove the cmos battery and replace to no luck, also the power button on my case (although it light and works to turn on) will not turn the pc off. Instead it will cause my motherboard lights to flash. Not rapidly but just flash.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Specs;

Rtx 2060

Ryzen 5 3600

Corsair 550 watt

16gb ram

2x 500gb ssds

B450m DS3h gigabyte motherboard

There's been no issues up to this point and me being not at my pc to see exactly if anything happened when this occurred i'm hoping I get answers here. I can't show my bios version as I can't even get to the boot screen. It will just say no input and I've tried a different monitor.

Try clearing CMOS.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, Pear111 said:

I have already tried to remove the cmos battery

Did you turn the power off and hold the power button down for a few seconds when doing that? Only then you can make sure that the CMOS is actually cleared.

I've tried removing the cmos battery and screwdriver to the 2 pins. There's no button to reset it on my mobo but still nothing changes :/

1 minute ago, Senzelian said:

Did you turn the power off and hold the power button down for a few seconds when doing that? Only then you can make sure that the CMOS is actually cleared.

I just removed all cables that where giving power to the case when doing this

Im not a expert but i do want to help.

I reccomend draining all the energy out of your motherboard an psu. So turn off the psu and pull out the cable. Hold the powerbutton for 20 secs to drain all the power. Personally i would pull out the CMOS battery out as well at this point. Pull out any cables that are not relevant for starting up the pc (except the monitor, keyboard and mouse). Perhaps try another powercable as well. See if something happens right now. 
I think your issue is motherboard or psu related. I cant tell exactly wich one. As you said you got problems with your powerbutton. Its shows it DOES work, cuz the motherboard is giving a sign. If its beeping etc, it tells you there is something wrong. So i assume the motherboard is working fine. Therefore i think its a PSU failure.  
Try another PSU and if that doesnt work then try removing parts and cables from your motherboard first and see if it starts up. For example: remove one ram stick, than the other one, then try the graphics card, try sata cables. Individually. If that doesnt work, its probably the motherboard. 

10 minutes ago, Thomas00 said:

Im not a expert but i do want to help.

I reccomend draining all the energy out of your motherboard an psu. So turn off the psu and pull out the cable. Hold the powerbutton for 20 secs to drain all the power. Personally i would pull out the CMOS battery out as well at this point. Pull out any cables that are not relevant for starting up the pc (except the monitor, keyboard and mouse). Perhaps try another powercable as well. See if something happens right now. 
I think your issue is motherboard or psu related. I cant tell exactly wich one. As you said you got problems with your powerbutton. Its shows it DOES work, cuz the motherboard is giving a sign. If its beeping etc, it tells you there is something wrong. So i assume the motherboard is working fine. Therefore i think its a PSU failure.  
Try another PSU and if that doesnt work then try removing parts and cables from your motherboard first and see if it starts up. For example: remove one ram stick, than the other one, then try the graphics card, try sata cables. Individually. If that doesnt work, its probably the motherboard. 

No luck with that either, I don't have another psu at hand currently.

But I tried booting with 1 ram stick/different slots and without gpu. No beeps and no change in anything.

Update; I found my old mobo for old Pc. Hooked everything up but nothing would start. No fans or anything.

Old mobo is an asrock a302m hdv. Given that its old it won't have any new updates for my current system so I'm still lost on what to do.

As is stands currently; plugged everything back into my current mobo. Still blinking lights left of the cpu fan of i try to turn off via case button. No lights from monitor,keyboard and mouse.

Update, installed a new mobo.

Has a white light next to cpu ez debug light. Mobo is msi b450m pro vdh max.

So is my cpu toast?

11 hours ago, Pear111 said:

Update, installed a new mobo.

Has a white light next to cpu ez debug light. Mobo is msi b450m pro vdh max.

So is my cpu toast?

Highly unlikely ur cpu is the problem. Most of the time its something else. I would try another psu.