PC Freezes then goes black

Jay price

As of today my pc has been having issues it started off with a blue screen that said whea_uncorrectable so I reinstalled windows to my system, this fixed that problem however a new problem persisted, my screen will momentarily freeze and then blink black and then back to normal don’t seem to have a trigger however I am aware that this could be a driver issue, so I reinstalled the intel i9 9900k driver software to no avail starting to get worried that I’m not able to fix this also occasionally the pc will restart after then freeze any help?

7 minutes ago, Jay price said:

As of today my pc has been having issues it started off with a blue screen that said whea_uncorrectable so I reinstalled windows to my system, this fixed that problem however a new problem persisted, my screen will momentarily freeze and then blink black and then back to normal don’t seem to have a trigger however I am aware that this could be a driver issue, so I reinstalled the intel i9 9900k driver software to no avail starting to get worried that I’m not able to fix this also occasionally the pc will restart after then freeze any help?

Full system specs please

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

intel i9 9900k

corsiar vengeance pro 3200

MSI z390 gamming edge mobo

no GPU

650w psu

Welcome to the LTT forums! I would recommend changing your title to better represent your issue, as there are many different issues that are labeled in a similar manner that require different skill sets to resolve. I Would reseat your RAM check/reseat the storage drives and drive cables and I would validate that all of your SATA ports and cables are good, and such. As the issue is that somewhere between the data stored on your storage drive, and the completion of an executable you are having your data corrupted

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

2 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Welcome to the LTT forums! I would recommend changing your title to better represent your issue, as there are many different issues that are labeled in a similar manner that require different skill sets to resolve. I Would reseat your RAM check/reseat the storage drives and drive cables and I would validate that all of your SATA ports and cables are good, and such. As the issue is that somewhere between the data stored on your storage drive, and the completion of an executable you are having your data corrupted

thanks for the tip, and i will try what you,ve suggested now thanks!

Do note it could still be software. all we can tell from the error is that something is getting corrupted, if you have a bad USB port or thumbdrive for installation, this can also be the source of the issue it's just something is corrupted or is getting corrupted when read and Windows does not know how to handle it.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

1 minute ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Do note it could still be software. all we can tell from the error is that something is getting corrupted, if you have a bad USB port or thumbdrive for installation, this can also be the source of the issue it's just something is corrupted or is getting corrupted when read and Windows does not know how to handle it.

the original error message was resolved with the fresh install that i made off the current laptop that i am using i havent recieved that message since however i did once obtain a error message "memory_management? any ideas?

20 minutes ago, Jay price said:

whea_uncorrectable

BTW, this typically means bad/failing hardware somewhere.

I'd start by turning off XMP and any overclocking you have attempted.

Next, test your RAM with MemTest86

Report back.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

BTW, this typically means bad/failing hardware somewhere.

I'd start by turning off XMP and any overclocking you have attempted.

Next, test your RAM with MemTest86

Report back.

okay, the mobo auto overclocks the cpu to 4.7 ill try and get it down to the 3,6 stock speed but i had no problems unitl now

Just now, Jay price said:

okay, the mobo auto overclocks the cpu to 4.7 ill try and get it down to the 3,6 stock speed but i had no problems unitl now

If it's set to auto (as in, this is the standard behaviour for the board) then leave it be, test the RAM next

If it's set to auto (as in, this is the standard behaviour for the board) then leave it be, test the RAM next

okay ive reseated the ram and check all the sata data cables comming from my SSD and ill come back to you when its booted

It could mean that you are having issues with RAM, or it could also mean that at that time the memory management process was not loaded correctly due to corruption and was unable to complete it's task.

Other possibilities may include, and improperly seated CPU, or bent pins that are not making contact. Or just stuff going bad. This kind of stuff can be a pain in the neck to deal with.

3 minutes ago, Jay price said:

okay ive reseated the ram and check all the sata data cables comming from my SSD and ill come back to you when its booted

unfortunately this hasn't resolved the problem the freezing and going black is persisting

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Other possibilities may include, and improperly seated CPU, or bent pins that are not making contact. Or just stuff going bad. This kind of stuff can be a pain in the neck to deal with.

i almost cirtain there is not bent pins as ive only recently built this pc and have had no issues until now, i activated the "gamming mode" in the bios which ups the clock speed to 5.0 and then pproblesm started however i have done this many times befor and had no issues?

Just now, Jay price said:

i activated the "gamming mode" in the bios which ups the clock speed to 5.0 and then pproblesm started however i have done this many times befor and had no issues?

If it started causing issues, then turn it off.

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

If it started causing issues, then turn it off.

i did that immediately but the problem persisted 

1 minute ago, Jay price said:

i did that immediately but the problem persisted 

That's fine, we leave it off. In troubleshooting issues, you always want to go back to as bone-stock as possible, and work from there.

So, work with MemTest86 to test your RAM. This will take several hours to complete, report back the findings.

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

That's fine, we leave it off. In troubleshooting issues, you always want to go back to as bone-stock as possible, and work from there.

So, work with MemTest86 to test your RAM. This will take several hours to complete, report back the findings.

okay, this maybe difficullt with the freezing and occasional restarts though but i will try

1 minute ago, Jay price said:

okay, this maybe difficullt with the freezing and occasional restarts though but i will try

It runs from a USB stick, if the system freezes under that, you have a defective mobo

It runs from a USB stick, if the system freezes under that, you have a defective mobo

okay so i downlaod it to a usb?

2 minutes ago, Jay price said:

i have it on my usb drive and it has this three step thing to write to my USB drive? is this correct

just got a new error message "video_tdr_failure

3 minutes ago, Jay price said:

just got a new error message "video_tdr_failure

Where did you get this from?