Any Good Mousepad?

iCoNrant

I been researching a lot of mousepad recently and I play a lot of Valorant,Cold War, Warzone and apex legend. 

Any recommendations? 

Mate, you are in the Linus tech tips forum, we are biased... lttstore.com

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean vel luctus dolor. Aliquam convallis hendrerit erat dignissim sodales. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas.

Don't be bothered by the toxic idiots of the community. Somebody will always try to get you annoyed. The best fight is not giving them any attention. Never forget this!!

Spoiler

print("Hello World")

LTT has good one, Bitwit, GamersNexus... 

I personally use the Corsair MM500 desk pad.. but I also have the Logitech Powerplay mouse Mat since I use a powerplay compatible mouse. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

7 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

LTT has good one, Bitwit, GamersNexus... 

I personally use the Corsair MM500 desk pad.. but I also have the Logitech Powerplay mouse Mat since I use a powerplay compatible mouse. 

I use a solid metal one. Nice in summer, but on a winter morning, it's a sharp wake up that rivals a triple espresso.

So many to chose from, you can either go cheap and cheerful, pay a little bit more for a merch one (LTT, Gamersnexus, etc), higher priced ones or even as far as Artisan pads that cost way too much in my opinion.

Lately i've been recommending the Redragon Flick, i picked one up last month to try out, its hard to do better than this, its thick, all black, sticks very well to the table and the "speed" cloth is very fast and doesn't grip to the mouse, i have a Razer Viper with Tiger PTFE skates and it works wonders on it.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

32 minutes ago, iCoNrant said:

I been researching a lot of mousepad recently and I play a lot of Valorant,Cold War, Warzone and apex legend. 

Any recommendations? 

2 most sensible options are :
1- a cheap but highly rated xxl desk pad off amazon (Eg. Titanwolf, Akasa...)
2- Design your own to match in with the games you play or theme you have. There are plenty of sites that allow you to design your own xxl deskpad

there's really no need to pay double or triple the price for corsair, hyper-x, msi on it. Unless you like paying too much for stuff?

What kind of glide do you prefer? Do you like faster mousepads or do you prefer slower, more controlled pads? 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

58 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

What kind of glide do you prefer? Do you like faster mousepads or do you prefer slower, more controlled pads? 

Middle ground of all, lean more towards control 

It depends...

Besides the already named...

I use pads from Roccat - Roccat Taito to be precise - they are available in sizes from Mini to XXL(I prefer Mini- and Mid-Sizes) and are just plain black.

Availabilty in Europe is good and pricing IMHO resonable(Mini-Size was 9,99€ inkl. VAT&Shipping) - they are on sale from time to time.

Best regards,

Medizinmann

1 hour ago, iCoNrant said:

From what I've heard, the Gigantus v2 from Razer is a good middle ground to control mousepad, the HyperX Fury S Pro (not the speed, that is pretty slow funnily enough) and the Zowie G-SR-SE (not the regular G-SR though) are good too. The Razer and the HyperX aren't coated, so if they start slowing down you should be able to wash them to get the old glide back, the Zowie is, so after a few months of use it's going to slow down and you won't be able to get the old glide back. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 hour ago, iCoNrant said:

Then stay away from all hard pads basically.

QCK is easy to recommend as its a medium to slowish pad. 

SteelSeries QCK

Maingear Assist

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16