Recommendations for the current pc market... Stuck between a rock and a hard place...

Loch

Budget (including currency): TBD, but around $1000-$1500 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games such as Cyberpunk 2077, BeamNG Drive, PUBG, Forza Horizon 4, World of Tanks, City Skylines, Microsoft Flight sim, Battlefield 1-5, GTA 5, and Payday 2. I would like to run these close to 144hz or at least over 100hz at around medium or high settings.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

At the moment with the whole PC part shenanigans and shortages, I've decided to save money and just build a cheaper, previous gen machine. I currently have a MSI x570 Gaming Edge Wifi (I already know about the hot vrm's and won't be overclocking too extreme), G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 ram, and a WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB m.2 ssd. I was planning to build a 5900x and a 6700xt build, but we all know that won't happen this year. So, I've decided to go with a Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1070 or a RTX 2060. The issue is, any of the RTX cards are overpriced and out of stock at the moment. I chose a GTX 1070, because my laptop has a GTX 1070 and a I7-8750H, while being able to play at 144hz with high to maxed out settings (depending on the game). So, should I build the Ryzen 5 3600 and a GTX 1070 now or wait? Another thing I need to mention, my current gpu, the AMD R9-390X is dying, constant over heating after a repaste and the gpu constantly crashes, even with previous/current drivers. My cpu just can't keep up and it's just too slow. I have an overclock on both because of the degradation of my hardware and slow speeds. I don't have to explain more, since my pc hardware is eight years old. Please write down your opinions and ideas, I'm all ears!

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

May I suggest a 2nd hand GPU or even borrow one from a friend if anyone has something lying around since you plan to upgrade when possible. I did this, scored a temporary 780 for a six pack of beer and it it's actually more capable than I expected. Will swap for 3070 as soon as possible.

On 1/14/2021 at 3:19 AM, Cris.py said:

May I suggest a 2nd hand GPU or even borrow one from a friend if anyone has something lying around since you plan to upgrade when possible. I did this, scored a temporary 780 for a six pack of beer and it it's actually more capable than I expected. Will swap for 3070 as soon as possible.

I was actually thinking about a used GTX 1070. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone with extra hardware, so I might have to look for one.

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)