Installing wifi drivers

Waluigi 47

Sooo my pc has a wifi card in its pcie slot but still need a few more components for a full build. Once i do that, will i have to install wifi drivers? If so, anybody tell me how to do so or link a video/article pls thanx

3 minutes ago, Waluigi 47 said:

Sooo my pc has a wifi card in its pcie slot but still need a few more components for a full build. Once i do that, will i have to install wifi drivers? If so, anybody tell me how to do so or link a video/article pls thanx

what make and model?

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
Display two VG27AQ 2K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) -
Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10

3 minutes ago, Waluigi 47 said:

Without knowing which wifi card, it's impossible to say.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Think the most common models for PCIe might work, so you will be fine?

Then you can go and search for drivers, intel can be a good place to start for some wifi drivers if you have a card that is in their current support to get all the latest patches. So you should install or have the latest drivers, they have many good updates in them. Don't think you have to install many, just the newest one that is stable.

11 hours ago, Waluigi 47 said:

Once i do that, will i have to install wifi drivers?

Yes! How else will Windows be able to use it?

11 hours ago, Waluigi 47 said:

If so, anybody tell me how to do so or link a video/article pls thanx

The same way you install drivers for the other components in your PC build. Installed a new graphics card - install the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

That being said, Windows 10 will auto-detect a lot of hardware these days and try to install drivers via Microsoft Update in the background. If this is a new build, Windows 10 comes with support for quite a lot of WiFi adapters already, so it might just start working immediately after you log in. If not, just download the drivers and install.

You need to determine what make/model of WiFi adapter you have. More importantly is the chipset version. For example, you will find lots of WiFi 6/6E PCIe wireless adapters from different 3rd-party brands on Amazon. However, all of their chipsets are based on the Intel AX-200/201/210, so you'd just need to install the Intel PROSet/Wireless drivers. IIRC, Bluetooth support is contained within the latest Intel drivers for more recent chipsets; older chipsets require an additional driver download for Bluetooth to work... assuming your adapter has built-in Bluetooth.

On 1/13/2021 at 7:25 AM, Quickstrike said:

what make and model?

Custom build. Amd cpu with gtx graphics