Please help Sennheiser to Audio-technica

Dennis2sinneD
Go to solution Solved by needmorewood,

Which would you go for ADG1 or AG1? Don't know what the sound bleed would be like on the ADG1 that's why I ask

its up to you. if other people are in your room get the closed (or semi-closed) ones if not then u can choose whatever u think is better. im not a big fan of open styled headphones but its just a preference

plus busses go by my house and i can hear the with open headphones

Hello people!

Making a decision between a pair of headsets and I need help please!

Sennheiser PC363D - $299AUD vs Audio-technica ATH-ADG1/AG1 - $279AUD.

I am looking to upgrade my Logitech G35. Due to the p-leather peeling and much to my heartache and betrayal to find my then $200 headset that I thought was great up till now, for sale at an Officeworks store for $40 (crap local Australian office supply chain). Clearly not as great as I thought! How do you know great sound, if you don't know if you have ever heard great sound? 

So now I am actually trying to get a good headset. I have concluded my research and come up with these two mentioned above. I mostly game, listen to music and watch Linustechtips videos... movies too! not that much of a fanboy..... maybe a bit. Any opinions/recommendations, thoughts or experience with either two headsets, or even suggestions of other headsets would be much help. As a great robot once said. Rescue me squire!

I appreciate and thank anyone who takes the time to help.

cheers

Why headsets? Just grab a Sennheiser HD598 or 558 from amazon and a nice blue snowflake???

Edit* you could also get a modmic attached to the HD558/598'S.

Diamond 5 in League :)

Why headsets? Just grab a Sennheiser HD598 or 558 from amazon and a nice blue snowflake???

^^ agreed or it could be easier to get something like this to clip on the wire of your headphones

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Edit* you could also get a modmic attached to the HD558/598'S.

He wants to keep it simple I guess. Their both from companies that make top notch audio gear for recording and monitoring so I don't see the harm in those two choices. 

I'd personally get the Audio Technica option. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

^^ agreed or it could be easier to get something like this to clip on the wire of your headphones

Yeah the zalman clip on is nice I agree, but if you move around a lot there can be a lot of muffle from it being on your shirt on the cable...

Diamond 5 in League :)

Yeah the zalman clip on is nice I agree, but if you move around a lot there can be a lot of muffle from it being on your shirt on the cable...

Yeah just thought i would recommend it if he did not want something like the snowflake so it would be sort of like a headset with a mic on it

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

I would like to keep it simple and have the mic included. Also I believe the Pc363D has the same drivers as the 598 or 558

He wants to keep it simple I guess. Their both from companies that make top notch audio gear for recording and monitoring so I don't see the harm in those two choices. 

I'd personally get the Audio Technica option. 

Which would you go for ADG1 or AG1? Don't know what the sound bleed would be like on the ADG1 that's why I ask

Which would you go for ADG1 or AG1? Don't know what the sound bleed would be like on the AG1 that's why I ask

I'm not too sure about the sound bleed but I'd personally get the ADG1 because I've never had a open back and I've heard it adds to the immersion.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

How much is sennheiser G4ME One / Zero in Aus?, I think that is solid gaming headet.

How much is sennheiser G4ME One / Zero in Aus?, I think that is solid gaming headet.

$399 a bit too much for me at the moment.

id go for the ATH ones by far. but i mean i would read some reviews first

Cool! cheers for the recommendation 

I'll wait a few days and review any other suggestions before deciding.  I thank you all for your suggestions so far

if you really want a headset instead of individual headphones + mic (which I personally don't recommend, but it's your money after all) then I'd look into the Sennheiser 360, it's almost $100 cheaper than the PC363D (from where I can check) and the whole Sorround Sound can be added /reproduced through software for free.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

if you really want a headset instead of individual headphones + mic (which I personally don't recommend, but it's your money after all) then I'd look into the Sennheiser 360, it's almost $100 cheaper than the PC363D (from where I can check) and the whole Sorround Sound can be added /reproduced through software for free.

I would but for some god forsaken reason they are both the same price in Australia

buy the ADG1 to help the price go down for me. Kthnxbai.

Hmmm?!? price of the sennheiser or ADG1 (resident Sennhieser fanboy)

Hmmm?!? price of the sennheiser or ADG1 (resident Sennhieser fanboy)

Lel, was just joking. They're both fine options. Were you in the US I might argue for another option, but I don't really see the point due to Oz prices.

its up to you. if other people are in your room get the closed (or semi-closed) ones if not then u can choose whatever u think is better. im not a big fan of open styled headphones but its just a preference

plus busses go by my house and i can hear the with open headphones