RTX 2080 TI defect and warranty HELP

Go to solution Solved by st4rway,

Hi!

I would send a email requesting a RMA and wait for their reply, it may take a while, but i'm sure they'll eventually answer.

Sending the graphics card without validation is most likely not a good idea.

Legislation in Europe requires (to some extent) RMA to be processed in 30 days after validation, warranty covers the product, not the original owner, so as long as you're still under the warranty period you should be ok.

Hello Guys.

I bought a 2080 TI from a person. Its a RTX 2080 TI X Aorus Gaming.

I tested it at his home and all worked fine. At the same day i tested it at my PC and on my brothers pc.

At my PC it dont work. (My brothers pc also not) (Puple Pixel lines all over the screen)

I saw that many have had that issue and just got another one with the warranty (I also have the original bill just 9months old and OVP and all that stuff)

But i cant reach the gigabyte support. They wont answer on my supprot and their phone support isnt working (That said its shut down until the 10.1 but i tried today and its still not working)

I just want to know if theres a faster way to get a replacement.

Can i just send it to them without a support ticket? 

Will the warranty work for me? Because im not the original buyer?

Ive never done anything with warranty thats why im asking and because the gigabyte support dont answer

Thanks for your Help

Sorry for the bad english

Hi!

I would send a email requesting a RMA and wait for their reply, it may take a while, but i'm sure they'll eventually answer.

Sending the graphics card without validation is most likely not a good idea.

Legislation in Europe requires (to some extent) RMA to be processed in 30 days after validation, warranty covers the product, not the original owner, so as long as you're still under the warranty period you should be ok.

19 minutes ago, NewUser99900 said:

Hello Guys.

I bought a 2080 TI from a person. Its a RTX 2080 TI X Aorus Gaming.

I tested it at his home and all worked fine. At the same day i tested it at my PC and on my brothers pc.

At my PC it dont work. (My brothers pc also not) (Puple Pixel lines all over the screen)

I saw that many have had that issue and just got another one with the warranty (I also have the original bill just 9months old and OVP and all that stuff)

But i cant reach the gigabyte support. They wont answer on my supprot and their phone support isnt working (That said its shut down until the 10.1 but i tried today and its still not working)

I just want to know if theres a faster way to get a replacement.

Can i just send it to them without a support ticket? 

Will the warranty work for me? Because im not the original buyer?

Ive never done anything with warranty thats why im asking and because the gigabyte support dont answer

Thanks for your Help

Sorry for the bad english

You usually don't send the manufacturer an email or phone call. Register on the Gigabyte (support) website and claim an RMA request in your area. You will have to include the original invoice as well. Then they will send you instructions for RMA (it should all be automatic).