Help with my first good gaming computer.

Cortehs

Budget (including currency): ~2500€ (25000 SEK) including monitor.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: COD:Warzone, Apex Legends, Fortnite, Csgo, LoL.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Want to play in atleast 1080p with good settings and great fps.

So i really want to start playing these games in good Resolution with good fps and i dont have so much knowledge about parts so im here to ask u guys if these components are good for what im out after?

And if u would change anything feel free to give suguestions and tips.

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming.

CPU: i9-10900k.

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GAMING OC PRO.

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600MHz 16GB.

SSD: Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD.

Powersupply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 750W.

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15.

Case: NZXT H510.

and Monitor: Asus 25" TUF VG259QM.

Highly appreciate any sugestions and help!

Looks good. When are you planning to buy? Intel 11th gen releases in March.

SPEC LIST:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X w/ NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 5000MHz CL18
  • Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Godlike
  • SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 1TB (x3)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1600i
  • Case: NZXT H710
  • Monitor: Alienware AW2521H 25inch 360Hz 1ms

4 minutes ago, Cortehs said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: COD:Warzone, Apex Legends, Fortnite, Csgo, LoL.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Want to play in atleast 1080p with good settings and great fps.

So i really want to start playing these games in good Resolution with good fps and i dont have so much knowledge about parts so im here to ask u guys if these components are good for what im out after?

looks good except id get more gpu and if you wanted to save money, less cpu. realistically you dont NEED anything more than a 3060ti. it would mostly be useful if you ever get higher resolution monitors. You wouldnt use that much cpu maybe a 10700k or 10600k would be enough. I have more on My pc guide if you want to take a look

OUTDATED JAN 2021 ===========> Check out my pc building guide! might be useful tho

It's great for planning new builds, getting a reference on where to start, or seeing what you need to play what games.

It also shows what I recommend for upgrading your stuff!

cpu - ryzen 5 3600

gpu - gtx 1070

ram - (2x8) 3200mhz

ssd - 970 evo plus 500gb

ssd2 - 860 qvo 1tb

mobo - asrock b450m hdv r4.0

psu - evga b5 550w bronze

11 minutes ago, Cortehs said:

get a 5800x cpu and b550 tomahawk motherboard it will serve you well

10 minutes ago, Mohammad Saleh said:

get a 5800x cpu and b550 tomahawk motherboard it will serve you well

are these "better"? will i get better performance with it or what is the reason u write this?

im looking for best performance possible for this budget i have.

thanks for answering!

5 minutes ago, Cortehs said:

are these "better"? will i get better performance with it or what is the reason u write this?

im looking for best performance possible for this budget i have.

thanks for answering!

I would skip out on the i9 as of right now if possible. The 11th gen intel is coming around the corner (idk when it will release) and the IPC will be superior to 3rd gen Ryzen. Since you are already spending a good amount on a CPU, maybe go look into 5900x. Or perhaps step down to a 9900k if possible and get a better GPU.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

20 minutes ago, cm992 said:

Looks good. When are you planning to buy? Intel 11th gen releases in March.

this year probably, okey i will wait for march then and see whats up. Have they released any info about the new releases? 

20 minutes ago, richodude said:

looks good except id get more gpu and if you wanted to save money, less cpu. realistically you dont NEED anything more than a 3060ti. it would mostly be useful if you ever get higher resolution monitors. You wouldnt use that much cpu maybe a 10700k or 10600k would be enough. I have more on My pc guide if you want to take a look

okey will check ur guide out thanks!

and is it huge difference in performance with the 10600k to 10900k? cuz im trying to get best performance for this budget thats possible.

30 minutes ago, Cortehs said:

If your just playing games I suggest you rebalance the CPU and GPU, my suggestion is a Ryzen 5600x and a 3070 instead of what you selected as it will get you better FPS in all games for the same money. Most B550 mobos will be fine to go along with it, the msi tomahawk being a good place to look. 

CPU: Intel i9 9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390-F RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3000MHz CL15 GPU: Gigabyte 1080Ti Windforce w/ AIO Liquid cooler Case: Fractal Design Define S Storage: 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NVME, 1TB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB SanDisk Ultra II, 2TB Samsung 860 QVO PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold 850W Display: 1440p 144Hz Acer XG270HU CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard: Logitech G Pro TKL Mouse: Logitech G403 Wireless Sound: Fiio E10k + Sennheiser HD6xx + Logitech Desktop Tower Speakers OS: Windows 10 Home

Just now, Cortehs said:

this year probably, okey i will wait for march then and see whats up. Have they released any info about the new releases? 

okey will check ur guide out thanks!

and is it huge difference in performance with the 10600k to 10900k? cuz im trying to get best performance for this budget thats possible.

gaming wise, the 10600k vs the 10900k won't see that big a performance gain to justify the cost. but you are paying for more life out of the i9 compared to an i5. also you would experience a better experience for multi-tasking.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

1 minute ago, Apollo Refugio said:

I would skip out on the i9 as of right now if possible. The 11th gen intel is coming around the corner (idk when it will release) and the IPC will be superior to 3rd gen Ryzen. Since you are already spending a good amount on a CPU, maybe go look into 5900x. Or perhaps step down to a 9900k if possible and get a better GPU.

okey so i wont have any problems if i go with better gpu and stepping down the cpu? cuz ive been watching some youtube stuff and i see alot saying u can bottleneck the gpu and cpu and such but i dont really understand it so well

1 minute ago, Cortehs said:

okey so i wont have any problems if i go with better gpu and stepping down the cpu? cuz ive been watching some youtube stuff and i see alot saying u can bottleneck the gpu and cpu and such but i dont really understand it so well

so in this case, you can step down since you wouldn't see much gain from the 2cores/4threads of the 10900k. if you plan on getting the 9900k/10900k, you won't bottleneck any GPU you throw into your system. I would personally drop to a 9900k if the savings are worth it, and go to a higher end GPU assuming you can find one.

13 minutes ago, Apollo Refugio said:

so in this case, you can step down since you wouldn't see much gain from the 2cores/4threads of the 10900k. if you plan on getting the 9900k/10900k, you won't bottleneck any GPU you throw into your system. I would personally drop to a 9900k if the savings are worth it, and go to a higher end GPU assuming you can find one.

okey so what do u think if i want to upgrade my current computer, do u think i can just add a 3060 ti to this setup for an fps boost on cod, apex and fortnite?

i have a msi infinite x with gtx 1660 super, i5-10400, 8gb 2666mhz RAM on a Intel H410 Motherboard with 350w powersupply

is it possible to just swap the Gpu or do i have to change powersupply + motherboard and case when doing that?

my plan was to sell this computer then add some extra money and buy the stuff on this thread but if i can get away with just upgrading this one it would be great aswell

2 hours ago, Cortehs said:

okey so what do u think if i want to upgrade my current computer, do u think i can just add a 3060 ti to this setup for an fps boost on cod, apex and fortnite?

i have a msi infinite x with gtx 1660 super, i5-10400, 8gb 2666mhz RAM on a Intel H410 Motherboard with 350w powersupply

is it possible to just swap the Gpu or do i have to change powersupply + motherboard and case when doing that?

my plan was to sell this computer then add some extra money and buy the stuff on this thread but if i can get away with just upgrading this one it would be great aswell

Good news your current PC specs are good enough to play all these games at 1080p 144fps assuming your ram is dual channel. So just buy the monitor. Warzone is the only game that you wont get a constant 144fps in but it should average 120 or 130 and since the monitor is gsync this wont cause any issues.

Here is proof using the most recent tests I could find on youtube with a matching gtx1660Super and similar processors to your i5-10400: 
fortnite on medium settings

csgo on high settings

league of legends on high settings

apex legends on low (but medium would probably work too)

warzone ~130fps on low with the exact same processor

Now you could upgrade your powersupply and put in an rtx 3060ti if you want to be able to get a constant 144fps and increase the game graphics settings. But if your motherboard has custom power connectors you may need a new motherboard too so that the new power supply works with it or you can jimmy rig it.

I would suggest buy the monitor and try all your games out at 144fps and see if youre happy with it. If you decide then that you want higher graphics settings with your 144fps on fortnite apex and warzone then you could get an rtx3060ti, at that point make another post on here and people will be able to help you out with that 😀

SPEC LIST:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X w/ NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 5000MHz CL18
  • Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Godlike
  • SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 1TB (x3)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1600i
  • Case: NZXT H710
  • Monitor: Alienware AW2521H 25inch 360Hz 1ms

11 hours ago, Cortehs said:

and is it huge difference in performance with the 10600k to 10900k?

depends what you use it for. Unless you use programs that utilize tons of cores and have cooling for crazy overclocking, you wont need the 10900.

11 hours ago, Cortehs said:

if you get a 3060ti, a psu upgrade is a necessity. ~600w id say. I would also get another 8gb of ram if you have the extra slots (get the EXACT same ram you already have) or just get a 60 dollar set of 2x8 2666mhz+. Your motherboard does not support overclocking on the ram so 2666 is the highest unless you shell out another hundred for a board with a "Z" in it.

So gpu + psu and ram if you want is what i recommend

OUTDATED JAN 2021 ===========> Check out my pc building guide! might be useful tho

It's great for planning new builds, getting a reference on where to start, or seeing what you need to play what games.

It also shows what I recommend for upgrading your stuff!

cpu - ryzen 5 3600

gpu - gtx 1070

ram - (2x8) 3200mhz

ssd - 970 evo plus 500gb

ssd2 - 860 qvo 1tb

mobo - asrock b450m hdv r4.0

psu - evga b5 550w bronze