youtube lagging while playing full screen games

ukr4ever

I am having problem watching youtube while gaming. I have GTX 1080, 3950X, 64GB ram, not sure what the problem is, but it is something that came up out of nowhere. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it what the problem might be. I will upgrade the video card as soon as I can buy 3080Ti. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Internet connection is Bell 500 up and down tested speed TO THE DEVICE with latency of 1ms

Does it only happen in full screen and not when games are in windowed mode? There are probably setting enabled that completely de prioritize your browser when full screen is enabled I would check the properties in task manager

4 hours ago, ukr4ever said:

I am having problem watching youtube while gaming. I have GTX 1080, 3950X, 64GB ram, not sure what the problem is, but it is something that came up out of nowhere. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it what the problem might be. I will upgrade the video card as soon as I can buy 3080Ti. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Internet connection is Bell 500 up and down tested speed TO THE DEVICE with latency of 1ms

Not being funny, but why are you watching You Tube videos whilst gaming?

Wouldn't it make sense to just do one or the other?

Not having a go, just asking. 

Its most likely issue with browser. Have you tried with another browser? Assuming you are using Chrome as main, maybe try with Edge or Firefox?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

21 hours ago, Burgerbob said:

Does it only happen in full screen and not when games are in windowed mode? There are probably setting enabled that completely de prioritize your browser when full screen is enabled I would check the properties in task manager

Windowed mode same, when tried to prioritize browser in task manager, same thing

12 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Its most likely issue with browser. Have you tried with another browser? Assuming you are using Chrome as main, maybe try with Edge or Firefox?

Not the browser, I use chrome, firefox and new windows browser does the same thing.

11 hours ago, elpiop said:

disable vsync for google chrome in nvidia control panel

I've just tested your suggesting, IT WORKED. Thank you very much, it was bugging me for almost a year now.

18 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Not being funny, but why are you watching You Tube videos whilst gaming?

Wouldn't it make sense to just do one or the other?

Not having a go, just asking. 

Since I am new to the forum, I will take time answer an off-topic rhetorical question.

Well, because I can, I want to, and my setup more than capable to handle both. Since you may have not thought of this, obviously, sometimes watching a tutorial can be useful.

Also, I would like to point out, answering with a question to a question especially when it is not related to the question is simply not polite. So why do it? If you really interested in the answer to your questions, I am sure you can create a topic in general discussion.

I would like to thank everyone for their input, the problem was solved once and for all with disabling vsync for chrome in nvidia control panel, suggested by elpiopthank you very much again.

54 minutes ago, ukr4ever said:

I would like to thank everyone for their input, the problem was solved once and for all with disabling vsync for chrome in nvidia control panel, suggested by elpiopthank you very much again.

Glad that worked for you. I assume your second monitor has a lower refresh rate than your primary one? That seems to be the main factor with this issue. Unfortunately, you'll probably experience some screen tearing on videos if you're gaming now but it's better than the stuttering/dropped frames that happens if you have vsync on for chrome.  

3 hours ago, ukr4ever said:

Since I am new to the forum, I will take time answer an off-topic rhetorical question.

Well, because I can, I want to, and my setup more than capable to handle both. Since you may have not thought of this, obviously, sometimes watching a tutorial can be useful.

Also, I would like to point out, answering with a question to a question especially when it is not related to the question is simply not polite. So why do it? If you really interested in the answer to your questions, I am sure you can create a topic in general discussion.

Because you can?

Then why the thread whining about lag and asking if anyone can fix the problem?

Doesn't sound like your set up is "more than capable to handle both", does it?

You have completely contradicted yourself, haven't you?