Case Project Need Ideas!

For my IT class that I am in, we are going to be starting a case project. The project is pretty much making your own custom case, and putting a fully functional computer inside of it. I just need help on what I should make this case out of.

Some old builds used old radios, old wooden boxes, and old chests. 

Some people talked about making one out of a toilet. 

I'm wondering if anyone has any good ideas that come to mind. I have a budget at TOPS of $60 for the case(whatever it is). The computer supplies I already have. If the idea you have is rather big, I can always get ribbon cables and cable extensions for the hardware. The only idea I have so far is to make it out of a old bass drum, or a old suit case. 

Thanks, and hope to see some cool ideas! 

***Edit***

-motherboard: ASUS m5a97 LE- ATX board

-power supply: Rosewill CAPSTONE-650. 

-gpu: none(on board graphics)

-ram: g.skill 8gb 1866

cpu: AMD FX-8350

cooler: amd stock cooler

harddrive: WD 1tb 7200rpm 3.5in drive. 

------------------------------

extra stuff: front panel fan controller

:

Get an old tv, swap out the display with a flat screen and build the pc inside of it. Something i'v always wanted to do, but never got around to

Promise me that if you do this you'll make a bulid log!

Asus Rampage IV Formula | i7 3820@4.3GHz | Asus GTX670 SLI | 16GB Kingston HyperX Black The Gathering edt. | H100 | 120GB Intel 330 | 240GB Intel 530 | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 4TB | CM Storm Stryker | Corsair CX750M

If you had old components, I would have suggested oil cooling the thing, but that ruins all the components.

there s always the dit laptop suitcase, but that s not very imaginative.

maybe find a Massive Book and gut it hidden liquor style...

Also good luck with the igpu on the 8350, there is none. You will need a GPU.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

One idea that i almost contemplated making a case out of myself was using 1"-2" PVC as a cage then polycarbonate for the rest. You can spray paint the PVC whatever color you want and you can get smoked polycarbonate to give it a darker and more awesome look! 

If you had old components, I would have suggested oil cooling the thing, but that ruins all the components.

there s always the dit laptop suitcase, but that s not very imaginative.

maybe find a Massive Book and gut it hidden liquor style...

Also good luck with the igpu on the 8350, there is none. You will need a GPU.

That could be possible...I would need a huge book for that. 

Also, the motherboard has integrated graphics. ATI HD 3000. shizzzy, yes. But, it works. 

One idea that i almost contemplated making a case out of myself was using 1"-2" PVC as a cage then polycarbonate for the rest. You can spray paint the PVC whatever color you want and you can get smoked polycarbonate to give it a darker and more awesome look! 

Hmmm, I may make a list of what I need for something like that. 

Get an old tv, swap out the display with a flat screen and build the pc inside of it. Something i'v always wanted to do, but never got around to

Promise me that if you do this you'll make a bulid log!

I'll do this, take an old tv and build in side of it, but put the glass back on and maybe have a NZXT LED's go on in there, make it ''bloom''! You could go so many ways.

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time.