Recording Retro Games with OBS

Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
22 minutes ago, danielevans007 said:

I'm very new to OBS. I'm using the whole window capture (I hope so). I temporarily fixed it by dragging the window and making it larger. :'D

Thanks for the advice, I'll try that out.

Ok, well then it's because your canvas (= the resolution you output) is bigger than the resolution of the game window. So 1080p or 720p for output and 480p for game. Windows is scaling game window, but OBS doesn't do it by default.

So manually adjusting the size is the solution, as you might have found out already.

I've been trying to record some Road Rash footage with OBS. While playing the game, it's fine. Fills up the whole screen and is perfectly playable. When I'm done recording, all I see, is a black screen with a tiny Road Rash window (640x480) in the top left corner. I have a 1080p monitor. I want Road Rash to fill the whole screen, or at least be a full screen box with black bars on either side, along with my webcam feed in the corner. How do I go about doing this?

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for聽a reply. 馃檪

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

Are you using window capture, monitor capture or game capture? Is the object still whole screen? Or just the small game window? If it's latter, you can upscale it from object filters.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 1/7/2021 at 4:58 PM, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

Are you using window capture, monitor capture or game capture? Is the object still whole screen? Or just the small game window? If it's latter, you can upscale it from object filters.

I'm very new to OBS. I'm using the whole window capture (I hope so). I temporarily fixed it by dragging the window and making it larger. :'D

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for聽a reply. 馃檪

22 minutes ago, danielevans007 said:

Ok, well then it's because your canvas (= the resolution you output) is bigger than the resolution of the game window. So 1080p or 720p for output and 480p for game. Windows is scaling game window, but OBS doesn't do it by default.

So manually adjusting the size is the solution, as you might have found out already.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv