Streaming PC

Alienized

Budget (including currency): 500-ish pounds

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Streaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I dont know if the price is good , bad , too much but my streaming pc is dying. Obs lags sometimes when i switch the scenes (the actual scence after is changed ) while streaming the elgato capture card refuses to give any sound (and it seems it's a thing with my old trusty pc , thats what elgato customer service said ) . Aim of the stream is 936p at 4500 bitrate. I want the smallest case and an Nvidia GPU because i stream on Nvec and maybe 32gb of ram if is really necessary. My GF has a nice setup and i was thinking maybe i can do one the same for me .I will write down what she has and thank you for your help.

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  
Motherboard MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  
Memory Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  
Storage Western Digital SN750 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card  
Case Silverstone SG13 Mini ITX Tower Case  
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA GM 450 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply  
Case Fan ARCTIC P14 72.8 CFM 140 mm Fan  

ive got some budget builds on My pc guide if you wanted to take a look. That bitrate is very dependant on your internet and 16gb is plenty. 32gb is only really necessary for 4k. If you have questions im happy to help

OUTDATED JAN 2021 ===========> Check out my pc building guide! might be useful tho

It's great for planning new builds, getting a reference on where to start, or seeing what you need to play what games.

It also shows what I recommend for upgrading your stuff!

cpu - ryzen 5 3600

gpu - gtx 1070

ram - (2x8) 3200mhz

ssd - 970 evo plus 500gb

ssd2 - 860 qvo 1tb

mobo - asrock b450m hdv r4.0

psu - evga b5 550w bronze

small case, so ITX? it can be hard to deal with building yourself.

Else buying small can be expensive, ATX is normal then you got a smaller one being mATX board with cases for those boards.

While ITX is very small of those two, the one linus used in his small PC builds videos or in your GF's case.

Her build could be nice for you, but more expensive than your budget.

22 minutes ago, richodude said:

ive got some budget builds on My pc guide if you wanted to take a look. That bitrate is very dependant on your internet and 16gb is plenty. 32gb is only really necessary for 4k. If you have questions im happy to help

My internet is good enough..500 up 40 down...i stream like that after i tested 720 and 1080 and the difference is minor...

24 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

small case, so ITX? it can be hard to deal with building yourself.

Else buying small can be expensive, ATX is normal then you got a smaller one being mATX board with cases for those boards.

While ITX is very small of those two, the one linus used in his small PC builds videos or in your GF's case.

Her build could be nice for you, but more expensive than your budget.

I have build pc's since i was 15..all my pc's are build by me(just saying not being offered  or anything) and her pc was built by me...funny thing it took just 1h while my gaming pc took me 3h in a bigger case..yeah...so you think her pc will suffice?i mean it looks like in my opinion and are new components   while my old pc has already 5 years or so..

4 minutes ago, Alienized said:

I have build pc's since i was 15..all my pc's are build by me(just saying not being offered  or anything) and her pc was built by me...funny thing it took just 1h while my gaming pc took me 3h in a bigger case..yeah...so you think her pc will suffice?i mean it looks like in my opinion and are new components   while my old pc has already 5 years or so..

oh :D

Yes a similar system to hers will do, with a newer motherboard and you will have a very new system. and if you can look forward to RTX 3050 or if 1650 is cheaper (or in stock) near you? Might want the RTX if going to play more recent games at higher/highest setting with DLSS options etc.

Very much depends on how the prices are going to be, and your budget. Also if you can get a small GPU for an ITX case.

12 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

oh :D

Yes a similar system to hers will do, with a newer motherboard and you will have a very new system. and if you can look forward to RTX 3050 or if 1650 is cheaper (or in stock) near you? Might want the RTX if going to play more recent games at higher/highest setting with DLSS options etc.

Very much depends on how the prices are going to be, and your budget. Also if you can get a small GPU for an ITX case.

No no...the pc that is dying is the streaming pc..i have my gaming pc with a 2080ti and i9 in it...you got it wrong haha...i am dual pc streaming...thats why i was asking if her's is good purely for streaming not gaming

1 minute ago, Alienized said:

No no...the pc that is dying is the streaming pc..i have my gaming pc with a 2080ti and i9 in it...you got it wrong haha...i am dual pc streaming...thats why i was asking if her's is good purely for streaming not gaming

So what is dying then? just a GPU upgrade if it fits could help.

her GPU is not the best for gaming, but her setup should do fine in both.

But if going for a stronger GPU, you might need +100-200W extra for that PSU.

small SFX PSUs can be very expensive :U else everything else should work fine if you have decent enough cooling.

Have you checked her temps, for her system?

8 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

So what is dying then? just a GPU upgrade if it fits could help.

her GPU is not the best for gaming, but her setup should do fine in both.

But if going for a stronger GPU, you might need +100-200W extra for that PSU.

small SFX PSUs can be very expensive :U else everything else should work fine if you have decent enough cooling.

Have you checked her temps, for her system?

I am confused now..why should i check her temps since the purpose of a build like hers is to have obs and chrome installed and thats it?

2 hours ago, Alienized said:

I am confused now..why should i check her temps since the purpose of a build like hers is to have obs and chrome installed and thats it?

same, for who and for what?

the pc that is dying is the streaming pc

is this your PC or hers?

i have my gaming pc with a 2080ti and i9 in it, i am dual pc streaming, thats why i was asking if her's is good purely for streaming not gaming

this PC is working? Hers is good for both, just need a new GPU.

What PC are you using then for streaming, if you are using 2 PCs?

Why can't you have a PC that does both, I guess you want max FPS and such?

more cores and fast cores will do for streaming, and gaming

also since the 5000 ryzen CPUs have improved for gaming, but the 3600 and i9 should do good too for gaming.

Things might have changed a bit since then.

Edited by Quackers101