Help needed with Rockstar launcher

saba17

so i had pproblems with rockstar to connect their launcher and website.so nothing helped and then they told me to do this.what does this mean and is this safe?what is flushdns mean or netsh winsock reset

In the search box on the taskbar, type "Command prompt", press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.
At the command prompt, type "ipconfig /flushdns" (without quotes) and press "Enter"
Now, type "netsh winsock reset" (without quotes) and press "Enter"
Now, run the launcher as admin and launch the game

Edited by LogicalDrm

It is safe and could help. Googlefoo ftw

When you do a ipconfig /flushdns, your system clears the cache of name to ip entries and reloads them from the connected DNS server.

netsh winsock reset is a command in windows to recover the computer from any socket errors which arise when you download some unknown file, or due to some malicious script on the computer. Winsock settings contain your computer's configuration for Internet connectivity.

1 minute ago, EpiCheeseTime said:

When you do a ipconfig /flushdns, your system clears the cache of name to ip entries and reloads them from the connected DNS server.

netsh winsock reset is a command in windows to recover the computer from any socket errors which arise when you download some unknown file, or due to some malicious script on the computer. Winsock settings contain your computer's configuration for Internet connectivity.

ok thank you i will try

7 minutes ago, EpiCheeseTime said:

i have done that everything.it worked fine but still no help with rockstar.i contacted them again i cannot fix this problem.when i try to go on rockstars website it says.socialclub.rockstar.com took too long to respond.what can this be

Given the amount of problems you have I'd recommend a full fresh re-install of Win-OS. Make sure you backup any data on your PC to a safe place, outside of the PC before starting the re-install. (external drive, usb stick, optical media, whatever you have at hand and fits the amount of data you want to save)

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

24 minutes ago, Dutch_Master said:

Given the amount of problems you have I'd recommend a full fresh re-install of Win-OS. Make sure you backup any data on your PC to a safe place, outside of the PC before starting the re-install. (external drive, usb stick, optical media, whatever you have at hand and fits the amount of data you want to save)

no it isnt problem with my PC.i cannot even go with my phone,ipad,leptop.in my house no one can enter rockstars website

so i have problems with connecting on rockstars website and their launcher.i dont know what is the problem.i even contacted rockstar but still nothing.when i try to go on rockstar launcher it says could not establish connection.when i try to go on their website it says  socialclub.rockstargames.com took too long to respond.what can this be.same problem on my phone,ipad,laptop.nothing helps.what should i do and what do you think is the problem

Try on mobile data

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Try on mobile data

mobile data helps.i can connect with mobile data

Just now, sabapro17 said:

mobile data helps.i can connect with mobile data

Then I would say check router page

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

1 minute ago, Kanna said:

Then I would say check router page

i restarted router about 100 times.i cleaned my DNS everything but nothing.rockstar is helping me but for now nothing new that helped me

3 minutes ago, sabapro17 said:

i restarted router about 100 times.i cleaned my DNS everything but nothing.rockstar is helping me but for now nothing new that helped me

Have you reset router settings as a last resort?

Reminder⚠️

12 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Have you reset router settings as a last resort?

how can i do this

4 minutes ago, sabapro17 said:

how can i do this

Should be a router setting

Reminder⚠️

34 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Should be a router setting

if i contact my internet provider and change my IP.can that help.and what can changing IP cause.

2 hours ago, sabapro17 said:

if i contact my internet provider and change my IP.can that help.and what can changing IP cause.

Not sure tbh

Reminder⚠️

Try setting the DNS on your local computer to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and test again.

2 hours ago, NZLaurence said:

Try setting the DNS on your local computer to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and test again.

so they told me that but still nothing.today they contacted me and told this what all of this mean and how can i check my port

Check your Open Network Ports

Rockstar Games Launcher requires the following ports to be open:

• Port 6672 (UDP)
  • Port 61455 (UDP)
  • Port 61457 (UDP)
  • Port 61456 (UDP)
  • Port 61458 (UDP)

Reset Your Network Router

You can reset your router by unplugging it and leaving it unplugged for about 10 minutes. Once you have plugged your router back in and can connect to the internet, restart the Rockstar Games Launcher and check to see if your issue is resolved.

Additional Troubleshooting Steps

• Check with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and see if they are experiencing any issues connecting to us, or if they have any temporary outages.
  • Make sure your router’s firmware is up to date (check with your ISP)
  • Enable or disable UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) on your router or system settings
  • Consider temporarily disabling any firewalls, anti-virus, or network filtering that may be affecting the game.

If you can't reach the website opening ports won't help.

Might help with the launcher though, I don't know.

First step is being able to connect to the website tho so start focusing on that.

If you've:

flushed dns cache or restarted the router you need to contact your ISP to make sure they haven't blocked the domain or are having routing troubles.

1 minute ago, fuzz0r said:

First step is being able to connect to the website tho so start focusing on that.

If you've:

flushed dns cache or restarted the router you need to contact your ISP to make sure they haven't blocked the domain or are having routing troubles.

i flushed DNS  but still nothing.nothing helps.then i have to contact my internet provider  there is nothing left

*** Threads merged ***

Please don't post multiple times about same subject. Any updates should be made for the single thread so anyone coming in later can see what has already been suggested.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, fuzz0r said:

If you've:

update:i contacted my internet provider and they told me that it ways their problem and they are going to fix it

so i have an answer.so my internet provider told me that rockstar is blocking my IP adress.i will contact rockstar about this or i am going to change my IP