DISPLAY PORT FOR 144HZ MONITOR/ ALSO: CAN A 1660super RUN 144HZ???

Michael Blagojevich

Hi guys, thank you for clicking on my topic, any help would really help, since there is no solid info on this topic that is fresh with the new tech out. I am wondering, since i am getting a 144hz monitor along with a nVidia1660super, what cable should I buy so i can run 144hz (a detailed answer would be appreciated :D). But also, i mostly play FPS games like Valorant, CS:GO and so on...with that said, i play on LOW settings, so i thought i'd finaly buy a 144hz monitor and get a graph to go along with it. But did i make a mistake with buying the budget 1660 super? Thank guys happy new year love ya! 

3 minutes ago, Michael Blagojevich said:

Hi guys, thank you for clicking on my topic, any help would really help, since there is no solid info on this topic that is fresh with the new tech out. I am wondering, since i am getting a 144hz monitor along with a nVidia1660super, what cable should I buy so i can run 144hz (a detailed answer would be appreciated :D). But also, i mostly play FPS games like Valorant, CS:GO and so on...with that said, i play on LOW settings, so i thought i'd finaly buy a 144hz monitor and get a graph to go along with it. But did i make a mistake with buying the budget 1660 super? Thank guys happy new year love ya! 

The 1660 Super should be able to lock 144fps in valorant and csgo. Your monitor should come with a displayport cable.

SPEC LIST:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X w/ NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 5000MHz CL18
  • Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Godlike
  • SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 1TB (x3)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1600i
  • Case: NZXT H710
  • Monitor: Alienware AW2521H 25inch 360Hz 1ms

1 minute ago, cm992 said:

The 1660 Super should be able to lock 144fps in valorant and csgo. Your monitor should come with a displayport cable.

Oooh rly? Cuz i didn't remember to ask the guys who I ordered it from if its included. Thank you for the answer bro it means a lot!
I hope you are right about the GPU running 144hz :D 

37 minutes ago, Michael Blagojevich said:

Oooh rly? Cuz i didn't remember to ask the guys who I ordered it from if its included. Thank you for the answer bro it means a lot!
I hope you are right about the GPU running 144hz :D 

Just search youtube for benchmarks here is one I found and it seems that the 1660 Super will play valorant at a locked 144fps assuming your CPU is decent. And the same with csgo as I found in this video. I also know that the 1660 Super is great for playing warzone at 1080p max settings and locked 60fps, and you can get ~130fps in warzone at 1080p low settings with the 1660S according to this video.

Although if you have an older CPU or an odd ram configuation that could be a somewhat of a limiting factor. What cpu/ram are you planning to pair with the 1660S? And it may be worth getting a gsync 144hz monitor if its affordable for you and you plan on playing games like warzone where you probably wont be able to lock 144fps.

SPEC LIST:

On 1/4/2021 at 2:14 AM, cm992 said:

Just search youtube for benchmarks here is one I found and it seems that the 1660 Super will play valorant at a locked 144fps assuming your CPU is decent. And the same with csgo as I found in this video. I also know that the 1660 Super is great for playing warzone at 1080p max settings and locked 60fps, and you can get ~130fps in warzone at 1080p low settings with the 1660S according to this video.

Although if you have an older CPU or an odd ram configuation that could be a somewhat of a limiting factor. What cpu/ram are you planning to pair with the 1660S? And it may be worth getting a gsync 144hz monitor if its affordable for you and you plan on playing games like warzone where you probably wont be able to lock 144fps.

I have a Ryzen 3 3300x; But i plan on getting a Ryzen 5 3600; I only want to play competitive fps games at 144hz; For, let's say warzone, id be happy with 60fps, since i rly don't need more than that; i also have 16gb 3200mhz ram
1-3;2-4 sett-up.

I swear these graphics card better start going down with pricing, its crazy how much more expensive they are compared to other parts XD

3 hours ago, Michael Blagojevich said:

I have a Ryzen 3 3300x; But i plan on getting a Ryzen 5 3600; I only want to play competitive fps games at 144hz; For, let's say warzone, id be happy with 60fps, since i rly don't need more than that; i also have 16gb 3200mhz ram
1-3;2-4 sett-up.

I swear these graphics card better start going down with pricing, its crazy how much more expensive they are compared to other parts XD

That ram sounds good so long as its a 2x8gb kit not a single 16gb but you probably have 2x8. The Ryzen 3300X is also great. I would say there really isn't much point upgrading from a 3300X to a 3600, you might as well save up for a 5600X as that has a lot better performance than the 3600 and will help you hold a locked 144fps better.

And I totally agree with you that graphics cards are way overpriced right now it really sucks. Hopefully as 2021 goes on supply issues will be fixed and new low-mid tier GPUs will be released. So if you can wait a few months it might be better to spring for the new replacement at the 1660Super price range that should come out this year.

SPEC LIST:

On 1/7/2021 at 12:48 AM, cm992 said:

That ram sounds good so long as its a 2x8gb kit not a single 16gb but you probably have 2x8. The Ryzen 3300X is also great. I would say there really isn't much point upgrading from a 3300X to a 3600, you might as well save up for a 5600X as that has a lot better performance than the 3600 and will help you hold a locked 144fps better.

And I totally agree with you that graphics cards are way overpriced right now it really sucks. Hopefully as 2021 goes on supply issues will be fixed and new low-mid tier GPUs will be released. So if you can wait a few months it might be better to spring for the new replacement at the 1660Super price range that should come out this year.

Yea i got the 2x8gb kit, and i hoped you would say the 3300x is enough, because i wanted to wait for the 1660 super replacement at that price range. So we agree haha

I just wanna thank you again for the info bro, it helped a lot...I have ordered the 144hz Monitor, and I feel comfortable, thank you again bro! Big shout out to you from Serbia haha :D