Computer randomly suddenly shutting off then turning back on

TheElectronicGeek1

Hi everyone, I've been having an issue with my pc recently. This started happening while I was playing roblox phantom forces, no I'm not 12 this game is actually fun, where my computer screen shut off along with my keyboard and the entire computer. Then it would turn on by itself and boot normally. It would happen randomly while playing, sometimes a hour or two in or sometimes a few minutes after starting. Most of the time it would happen again 10 minutes later until I just switch to playing on my laptop. Then it happened once while on my desktop after clicking the start button, and I've basically not been using my desktop since that. I've been mining on the rx 580 basically 24/7 and it never turns off while mining. It seems to only happen while using it. My specs are in my signature below. I even tried disabling my overclock and it changed nothing. My RX 580 has the memory timing BIOS mod for mining but I suspect my power supply is going bad. It's a 6 year old antec power supply and mine specifically has a pretty bad reputation for lighting on fire. I can get a new power supply but I want to make sure this is the problem and not just keep throwing money at this computer until it works. Some of the parts are pretty old too, the cpu motherboard and ram are about 5 years old and the 840 series ssd is almost 7 years old. This only started happening about mid December and I've been playing games and using my laptop pretty much all the time because of this. Sometimes my graphics card fan will shoot to 100% while booting then return to normal when i log in, This sometimes just happens when booting but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Discord: Skyline#0820

Literally an idiot, don't listen to me.

Main computer: i5-4690k 4.3GHz, Noctua NH-D15, Nitro+ RX 580 SE, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 840 series 128GB Crucial MX500 2TB, WD Purple 3TB, EVGA 600w, Dell s2240m 1080p 60hz, Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue, Logitech G502 Hero.

Asus GU501gm

Are you able to see what temperature your GPU is at when it crashes? There are settings that force shut your computer when it gets too hot.

OUTDATED JAN 2021 ===========> Check out my pc building guide! might be useful tho

It's great for planning new builds, getting a reference on where to start, or seeing what you need to play what games.

It also shows what I recommend for upgrading your stuff!

cpu - ryzen 5 3600

gpu - gtx 1070

ram - (2x8) 3200mhz

ssd - 970 evo plus 500gb

ssd2 - 860 qvo 1tb

mobo - asrock b450m hdv r4.0

psu - evga b5 550w bronze

7 minutes ago, richodude said:

Are you able to see what temperature your GPU is at when it crashes? There are settings that force shut your computer when it gets too hot.

Nothing's overheating, roblox hardly uses my gpu and it runs at like 40c. Even when mining it never reaches 70c.

Discord: Skyline#0820

Literally an idiot, don't listen to me.

Main computer: i5-4690k 4.3GHz, Noctua NH-D15, Nitro+ RX 580 SE, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 840 series 128GB Crucial MX500 2TB, WD Purple 3TB, EVGA 600w, Dell s2240m 1080p 60hz, Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue, Logitech G502 Hero.

Asus GU501gm