fan swap on my projector

Ashleyyyy

i recently got a second hand projector (a Sony VPL-EX1) and i was wondering if i could swap the fans in it. the main exhausts i mean, there are als 2 intake fans that are pretty proprietary in design, i doubt i can change those. but the exhausts look like standard case fans. 

i am kinda curious if the projector still works after though, as it has variable fan speed (if you set the lamp mode to high for example it gets a hell of a lot louder) and i'm kinda scared that swapping the fans will mess with the monitoring system and cause the projector to no longer start. 

doing this isn't a requirement, i have a very powerful prologic surround system that at movie watching volume is so loud that it completely muffles the fan noise of the projector, but it is very audible and annoying in very quiet scenes in a movie where there is basically only voices and no background music for example. 

so my main question is, is it a good idea in the first place to swap them and if i do what should i put in it? the projector only cost me €75 so i don't really wanna spend more on it than it's worth... 

She/Her